X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl ("Satisfaction") Dawkins Shot

Cops probe Bull Bay shooting

Published: Saturday | January 3, 2009

LATE LAST night the police were combing Bull Bay in St Andrew for clues leading to the shooting deaths of two persons and the injury of two others.

The Constabulary Communi-cation Network was unable to provide details but reported that the incident occurred about 6:15 p.m. at a plaza in Seven Miles, Bull Bay.

Among the injured were a fisherman and Carl 'Mr Satisfaction' Dawkins, a vintage entertainer who turned out chart-topping singles in the 1970s. At press time, Dawkins and the other man were in hospital.

was "satisfaction" an r&b cover?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Re: "Satisfaction"

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      was "satisfaction" an r&b cover?
      I have no idea, Gamma. What I do know, though, is that that recording by Carl Dawkins was a monster hit in Jamaica back in the early 1970s. In fact, "Satisfaction" is widely regarded as one of the biggest selling singles locally in the history of Jamaican recorded music. Put another way, it was the type of hit that is virtually impossible for an artist to surpass or even repeat, and Dawkins was not able to approach anywhere near that huge success ever again.

Comment

Hope he is in "satisfactory" condition...almost another one on the list of performers dying by violence.
        Peter R

Comment

gamma, i think it was an original song... a good song but way too short... needed another verse... i think the producers rushed what could have been a masterpiece song...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Is there any sector that is safe? We have footballers who have been shot/killed. Looks like politics is the safest place to be! Ironic.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So True!

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Looks like politics is the safest place to be! Ironic.
              I agree with you! This statement is a really worrisome one, but unfortunately it's so true about our Jamaica today!

Comment

Working...
              X