• Show
Clear All

• 88-Year Old Woman Puts "Squeeze" On Naked Intruder

Woman, 88, Puts the 'Squeeze' on Intruder

AOL / Wire Services
    posted: 14 HOURS 38 MINUTES AGO
    comments: 295
    filed under: Crime News, Weird News

PORTLAND, Ore. (Dec. 30) - The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said an 88-year-old woman fended off a naked intruder by grabbing the man's crotch and squeezing.

Deputy Paul McRedmond said the man got into the house Tuesday through a sliding door. He backed the woman into her living room and pushed her face down onto a chair.

“I thought it was somebody I knew, but then seeing him without clothing, you know, it’s nobody I knew,” the woman, who said she does not want to be named, told Oregon's KPTV.

She told the television station that he followed her, and kept pushing against her.

"Before whatever plans the suspect might have had, the woman reached behind her and grabbed the man by the crotch, 'giving him a good squeeze'," McRedmond told Oregon's Salem-News. "The man tore free and ran back out the way he had come in."

The woman told KPTV that she recalled an old news story where a woman survived by grabbing her attacker's testicles

McRedmond said a county code enforcement officer who heard the police call on his radio spotted a car near the woman's house and passed on the license information to authorities.

Troutdale police arrested Michael G. Dick, 46, according to The Oregonian newspaper. Dick has been jailed on accusations of burglary, harassment and private indecency. Bail was set at $110,000.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Copyright 2008, Reuters
    2008-12-30 21:09:52
    Last edited by Bruce; January 1, 2009, 03:30 AM.
Working...
X