Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how so? you have evidence or something against Mo

Him nuh go a all a di games them.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      how so? you have evidence or something against Mo

Him nuh go a all a di games them.
      As far as I know Ganja is illegal in Jamaica but you wouldn't know that by sitting in the bleachers during a game

Comment

I have never supported it and i sometimes we wonder why more people nuh come a di games.

Any Reggae boy or entertainer or reggaeboyz choose to make a public display lock them up as well.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I have never supported it and i sometimes we wonder why more people nuh come a di games.

Any Reggae boy or entertainer or reggaeboyz choose to make a public display lock them up as well.
          So we should ban reggaeboyz games then right? The JFF allows Marijuana smoking at games just as STING allows cursing on stage.

Comment

Daggerin' backlash

Jangle could be right.

Daggerin' backlash
            Published: Monday | January 5, 2009

POSITIVE Parenting
            The involvement of children as young as eight years old in sexually explicit street dances has sparked concern among rights advocates.

Children were seen, during the Yuletide season, performing the daggerin', a quasi-erotic dance, at late-night events in Kingston. The gyrations were done in the presence of adults, who goaded them on.

Margarette Macaulay, child-rights lobbyist and attorney-at-law, said many parents have failed to fulfil their role as guardians.

"Any parent who permits their child to these kinds of act is indicating that their child is in need of care and protection," Macaulay told The Gleaner.

State agencies charged with the responsibility for the care and protection of children said they could not intervene unless formal reports were made.

The Child Development Agency reserved comment.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Jangle could be right.
              No he isn't. He is trying to blame STING for Jamaica's ills. There is something called self-accountability. One should be accountable for their own actions without placing blame on others. These kids that are out daggering are the responsibility of their parents. Unless LAING have hundreds a pickney that we haven't heard about why would jangle place the blame at his feet? Are Captain Burrell, Peter Pendegrast et al also contributing to the moral decline of Jamaican society by attending and supporting Sting? Utter rubbish.

Comment

Bricky, just for your benefit, a gwine write it slowly for you:

"I see Lazie's point that Sting, a stage show, show not be blamed for the ills of the soceity."

Maybe you misread my post because of my typo error: "show" for "should".
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Bricky, just for your benefit, a gwine write it slowly for you:

"I see Lazie's point that Sting, a stage show, show not be blamed for the ills of the soceity."

Maybe you misread my post because of my typo error: "show" for "should".
                  In one breath you say that STING should not be blamed then in another breath you say:

[QUOTE]The big problem however, is that the powers that be don't have the balls to take such stronger actions against the things and the people who are contributing to this alarming rate of decline in our morality. There are other events which also contribute to this decline, such as the nightly dances: Weddy Weddy and others. /QUOTE]

So in fact you are blaming Dancehall for our ills. People wine up demself and gwaan bad at Carnival too don't? How come no outcry about that behaviour?

Comment

there is a big difference. The reggae boyz not going on stage and cursing and the behavior of the audience.

It is the duty of the police to lock up everybody who is smoking ganja in the stadium. What I am advocating is if Laing can't control his own show and the artist then he doesn't deserve a permit.

The rules have been broken too many times and nothing has changed. Anytime a football player cuss in the public domain or light a spliff in the public he too should be arrested and charged right there.

Comment

there is a big difference. The reggae boyz not going on stage and cursing and the behavior of the audience.

It is the duty of the police to lock up everybody who is smoking ganja in the stadium. What I am advocating is if Laing can't control his own show and the artist then he doesn't deserve a permit.

The rules have been broken too many times and nothing has changed. Anytime a football player cuss in the public domain or light a spliff in the public he too should be arrested and charged right there.
                      So now the behaviour of the crowd is not an issue? Unnuh spin like gig to rhattid

Comment

I am not blaming Sting (per se) for the moral decline, because afterall it is just a stage show. Who I am blaming is the authorities who allow the debauchery to go on at Sting. Sting should have been shut down from the very first badword and Laing's permit revoked immediately. I am also licking out against the lyrical contents of Dancehall music. I admit to being a guilty lover of the music form, but there comes a time when you have to draw the line. What is being passed off today as music is just a sham. Today's DJs and producers are just plain lazy. Everybody is looking for a quick buck and that's to the demise of the music. Gone are the days when the lyrics "implied" something sexual and the rest was left to our imaginations. Now everything is spelt out in a very graphic form. 99% of these songs cannot sell on the international market and that bothers me. I see foreigners singing our music and raking in big bucks whilst we waste time with clashes. Our music is so versatile that it can infuse any genre of music to reach millions and build new fanbase. We are wasting our talents, and the blame rest squarely on the authorities for not implementing controls and restrictions on the Dancehall culture.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I hear what you're saying and I agree that the creativity is almost gone form the music. You can blame it partially on the ease at which you can make a riddim today. All yuh need is a computer and couple software programs and you are a producer but you also have to understand that Dancehall has taken over from Rap as the worldwide (outside of the US) choice of teenagers. The same Passa Passa and Weddy Weddy that yuh lick out against is a big deal in farrin. A couple from San Francisco came and stayed with me in Kingston and they kept pestering me to go to Passa Passa cause they had read about it in a book. When we got there they were amazed at the dancers and couldn't get enough. So the same thing we belittle farrin people love. Banning these dances and ting is counterproductive. What we should be doing is promoting them.

Comment

who said it is not an issue? It is but the behavior of the artists and the promoter is a glaring one. I can go through all the breaches they have done and have not controlled themselves over the years.

Sting have to stop thriving on these confrontations and downright improper behavor by the artists which Laing and company is directly responsible for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                              I hear what you're saying and I agree that the creativity is almost gone form the music. You can blame it partially on the ease at which you can make a riddim today. All yuh need is a computer and couple software programs and you are a producer but you also have to understand that Dancehall has taken over from Rap as the worldwide (outside of the US) choice of teenagers. The same Passa Passa and Weddy Weddy that yuh lick out against is a big deal in farrin. A couple from San Francisco came and stayed with me in Kingston and they kept pestering me to go to Passa Passa cause they had read about it in a book. When we got there they were amazed at the dancers and couldn't get enough. So the same thing we belittle farrin people love. Banning these dances and ting is counterproductive. What we should be doing is promoting them.
                              You are still missing the essential piece of my argument. I am not saying to ban them, but rather to impose some measures of control. That form of dancing called Daggering is too lewd for public display. It is just not right to see a young woman on her back with her legs splayed out wide showing her underwear, and call that dancing. The authorities also should impose a ban on certain songs which are played in public and on the radio. When the entertainers are hit in their pockets, then you'll see a change.

Comment

Personally I don't think slack lyrics/behaviour and the violent lyrics/behaviour are to be treated as equal and on the same level.

There is a time and place for "slackness" but there is almost no time and place for violence.
                                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X