So nothing happen a Sting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So nothing happen a Sting

Kartel and Mavado supporters clash Wednesday, 31 December 2008 The police are keeping a close watch on sections of Mannings Hill Road in St. Andrew following a clash involving supporters of rival dancehall entertainersVybz Kartel and Mavado on Tuesday.

A man is in hospital in serious condition after being stabbed during the incident which took place shortly before four in the afternoon.

Another man who was stabbed was treated and released from hospital.

Other persons reportedly sustained minor injuries during the melee.

Investigators believe the incident was a spill-off from last week's face-off between Kartel and Mavado at the [ stage show.

The St. Andrew North Police confirmed that Tuesday's clash started when a man was seen paintinga mural of Mavado near an area known as "Big Yard".

Persons said to be fans of Kartel reportedly approached the man and instructed him to stop painting.

There was a confrontation and he was stabbed.

Other persons said to be supporters of the two entertainers as well as residents of the nearby community of Hungry Town converged on the scene and the melee started.

They threw stones at each other and kniveswere drawn during which the man was stabbed.

Increase in police patrols

In light of the incident the St. Andrew North Police will be increasing vehicular patrol between the Salvation Army School for the Blind and Mannings Hill Road to prevent a further flare up.

RJR News was informed on Tuesday night that senior police personnel in the division will also attempt to bring both sides together for peace talks.

Kartel and Mavado were involved in a highly publicised lyrical clash at Sting.

The event attracted a large crowd but was for the most part incident-free.

Artistes to be charged for foul language

In the meantime, the St. Catherine South Police have confirmed that they are in the process of laying charges against Mavado and Vybez Kartel for using indecent language at last week's Sting stage show.

A police source told our news centre that summonses are being prepared and will be served on the two entertainers shortly.

They will be charged with breaches of the Town and Communities Act.

The source said because of security reasons the artistes were not held and charged following their performances early Saturday morning.

It is reported that both men were warned by the promoters of Sting not to use expletives while they were on stage.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

To each his own!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

dem really nah stop the foolishness uh?

Okay then why not do this like the WWF and take the clashes pon the road with proceeds to benefit a charity in the inner city?

If dem want to take it pon dat level
      How about both sides having a mural paint off and then sell the mural prints online with t-shirts mugs etc.

That way our creativity can start feeding us and provide jobs for our young black youths.

time fi elevate the thing now

Comment

"RJR News was informed on Tuesday night that senior police personnel in the division will also attempt to bring both sides together for peace talks."

Any comments from the Sting fans on this surprising and totally unpredictable event?

Anybody who could think that something like this might possibly happen must either be a genius or a prophet!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

a-fe-who side yuh deh pan Mosiah?
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Suh a because a Sting this happen? Unuh sounding desperate now. Wasn't there numerous confrontations prior to Sting?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

mi kanfuze!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

haha! this is good.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You have absolutely no point. If there was confrontation before sting why should encourge them to take it to the next level?

Both have been suspected in gun crimes before. now the promoter claim they told warn them before going on stage, what joke.

If this is not citeria for a no permit then there is none.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    You have absolutely no point. If there was confrontation before sting why should encourge them to take it to the next level?

Both have been suspected in gun crimes before. now the promoter claim they told warn them before going on stage, what joke.

If this is not citeria for a no permit then there is none.
                    There are 2 active sites for the Reggae Boyz. The RBSC have a crazy fan called Assasin that sabotaged the other site's server. Is that the fault of the RBSC?

Why unuh love pass blame? Those who commit the acts must be blamed, not the entity they claim to be aligned to. If Islandman shoulda punch mi inna mi face cause mi say Luther better than Marvin Gaye, is Marvin Gaye reponsible for the acts of Islandman?

There is NO WAY Sting can be blamed for any confrontation between Movado and Kartel. And there is No Way Kartel and Movado is responsible for the acts of those people from Hungry Town.

Being suspected of an offense is different from being convicted of an offense. The year soon end ... unuh get real b4 2009 arrive.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, You Continue to Surprise!

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      Suh a because a Sting this happen? Unuh sounding desperate now. Wasn't there numerous confrontations prior to Sting?
                      I had tried to withold any further opinion on that cultural abberation we know as Sting, as I thought that commonsense would prevail among the majority of us on this microscosm of Jamaican society, the Reggae Boyz Forum. However, sometimes a statement stretches incredulity to the point where it becomes hard for one to withold an opinion any further!

Lazie, no disprespect meant here, but more and more you are surprising me with your comments on Jamaica's popular culture! And thinking about it, I guess I'm very surprised because for several years I've seen you present strong, well-supported political discussions on this forum, and because of this I thought you were a very logical person at all times. Added to this, your often proclaimed "Lazie back broad" seemed to add some credence to this opinion I had formed.

All of this now comes under questioning, at least in my mind. When are you going to realize that gutter behaviour such as that promoted by this Sting abberation CANNOT be good for our society, or for any society? Or is it that anything that raises some cash for a handful of people is alright because it "contributes economically to Jamaica's development?" Trust me, if Sting were to disappear tomorrow, Jamaica's economy would not be greatly affected.

At this obvious crossroads that Jamaica has reached in its social and economic development, can something like Sting, which promotes and celebrates, in a public forum, negative, violent, anti-social behaviour be good for Jamaica?! Where once Sting could lay some claim to presenting a genuine, culturally-based art form, surely that claim can no longer be made?!

Look around you at the popular cultures throughout our region, the Americas. Look at all of them, whether it be on each of the English, French, Dutch and Spanish speaking islands, or whether it be in North, Central and South America! Do you see any culture that has reached the gutter level as that portrayed by Sting?

Is there any other culture where armed forces have to be as alert as our Sting? Where hate expressed in the worst insults to one's family lineage becomes the order of the day? Look who the organizers of Sting was forced to be put as head of their security? Someone whose actions and attitude have been descredited in the normal, day-to-day security operations of our country!

Wake up and realize, man, that events like Sting cannot be allowed to continue!! Certainly there have been cases in other, presumably more responsible regional nations, where governments have been forced to take a stance in the name of decency and for the good of their society FOR A LESSER reason than what the Jamaican authorities are faced with! (I could look at, for example, the banning of one or two dancehall artists from entering countries.)

But what's the point of me even saying anything? Jamaica has set its course downward, and no amount of talking is going to stop this societal slide or change the mindset of people who are determined that what we are doing is great!

I'm out!
                      Last edited by Historian; December 31, 2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                        I had tried to withold any further opinion on that cultural abberation we know as Sting, as I thought that commonsense would prevail among the majority of us on this microscosm of Jamaican society, the Reggae Boyz Forum. However, sometimes a statement stretches incredulity to the point where it becomes hard for one to withold an opinion any further!

Lazie, no disprespect meant here, but more and more you are surprising me with your comments on Jamaica's popular culture! And thinking about it, I guess I'm very surprised because for several years I've seen you present strong, well-supported political discussions on this forum, and because of this I thought you were a very logical person at all times. Added to this, your often proclaimed "Lazie back broad" seemed to add some credence to this opinion I had formed.

All of this now comes under questioning, at least in my mind. When are you going to realize that gutter behaviour such as that promoted by this Sting abberation CANNOT be good for our society, or for any society? Or is it that anything that raises some cash for a handful of people is alright because it "contributes economically to Jamaica's development?" Trust me, if Sting were to disappear tomorrow, Jamaica's economy would not be greatly affected.

At this obvious crossroads that Jamaica has reached in its social and economic development, can something like Sting, which promotes and celebrates, in a public forum, negative, violent, anti-social behaviour be good for Jamaica?! Where once Sting could lay some claim to presenting a genuine, culturally-based art form, surely that claim can no longer be made?!

Look around you at the popular cultures throughout our region, the Americas. Look at all of them, whether it be on each of the English, French, Dutch and Spanish speaking islands, or whether it be in North, Central and South America! Do you see any culture that has reached the gutter level as that portrayed by Sting?

Is there any other culture where armed forces have to be as alert as our Sting? Where hate expressed in the worst insults to one's family lineage becomes the order of the day? Look who the organizers of Sting was forced to be put as head of their security? Someone whose actions and attitude have been descredited in the normal, day-to-day security operations of our country!

Wake up and realize, man, that events like Sting cannot be allowed to continue!! Certainly there have been cases in other, presumably more responsible regional nations, where governments have been forced to take a stance in the name of decency and for the good of their society FOR A LESSER reason than what the Jamaican authorities are faced with! (I could look at, for example, the banning of one or two dancehall artists from entering countries.)

But what's the point of me even saying anything? Jamaica has set its course downward, and no amount of talking is going to stop this societal slide or change the mindset of people who are determined that what we are doing is great!

I'm out!
                        No disrespect taken ... furthermore, we all not going to agree on everything. See ... Lazie can take a step back and evaluate. Remember, I've stated here that there is no way I would go to Sting, but why should I prevent another from having fun? Yes Mosiah, to each his own. Use it as yuh new signature.

"When are you going to realize that gutter behaviour such as that promoted by this Sting abberation CANNOT be good for our society, or for any society? "

ummm ... lets see ... Sting occurs once a year ... basically the END of every year, Dec. 26th. Its a matter of supply and demand. Listen to any reggae/dancehall station and hear how much editing have to take place, when the DJ is able to catch what is coming. To blame Sting and its promoters from what is taking place isn't fair. They look around for what the masses want and supply it ... if you don't want it .. fine. Prior to Sting 08 the murder rate was more than 1500 ... I don't see how Sting is contributing to that.

"Or is it that anything that raises some cash for a handful of people is alright because it "contributes economically to Jamaica's development?" Trust me, if Sting were to disappear tomorrow, Jamaica's economy would not be greatly affected."

You left out the word LEGALLY ... YES! How much money Sting spend on advertising? How much to print tickets? The artistes get paid, their bands get paid, entourage get paid, those who provide the various outfits get paid, the vendors at the venue get paid, the soundmen get paid, security get paid etc .... We need more concerts in the island as far as I'm concerned.

People need to take their emotions out of it.

Comment

No RSBC ban people who are not responsilble and are offensive to others, them nuh hug them up and encourage them.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            No RSBC ban people who are not responsilble and are offensive to others, them nuh hug them up and encourage them.
                            Is that your answer? How yuh get yuh name Assasin again?

Comment

the fact is the promoter of sting need to be responsible. he should be allowed to continue break the jamaican law year after year and allow to remain continue. They must respect the rule of law or disappear.

Comment

Working...
                              X