wishful thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wishful thinking?

I may go down as another Phinn but I am looking for crime in Ja to drop at least 10% not so much because of the government but because some people get tired of it.

The only government policy I see will contribute to it somewhat is the good work of the education minister as he seems to be doing a good job so hopefully it keep more kids in school and provide some training.

Also the good work of the agriculture minister. Hopefully he can continue and keep some idle country boys at home doing farming rather than joining their cousins and second cousins in Kingston to do nothing. Hopefully the government can take advantage and don't let it rise again instead build on the momentum.

The US economy will turn around by the end of summer because of the Obama stimilus. Hopefully we can take advantage and not fall in this position again 3 years from now.

I hope the new year is better for all of us because I know many of us has taken a bad beating this year. Personally I can't wait until January 1.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    I may go down as another Phinn but I am looking for crime in Ja to drop at least 10% not so much because of the government but because some people get tired of it.

The only government policy I see will contribute to it somewhat is the good work of the education minister as he seems to be doing a good job so hopefully it keep more kids in school and provide some training.

Also the good work of the agriculture minister. Hopefully he can continue and keep some idle country boys at home doing farming rather than joining their cousins and second cousins in Kingston to do nothing. Hopefully the government can take advantage and don't let it rise again instead build on the momentum.

The US economy will turn around by the end of summer because of the Obama stimilus. Hopefully we can take advantage and not fall in this position again 3 years from now.

I hope the new year is better for all of us because I know many of us has taken a bad beating this year. Personally I can't wait until January 1.

Yes it's wishful thinking Assasaphinn... but good to be positive.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      I love the confident talk but this downturn is different. This thing could well last another 2 years or so. Obamas stimulus spending plan going to take a while to circulate because contracts have to sign, congress have to fight over which state getting the big contracts, etc etc. It might be summer before any large projects even break ground.

The good news is that interest rates will stay very low for a long time, but if the banks afraid to lend then that doesn't help the economy much. Thats why the govt have to do the investments and HOPE that the economy can hold on until some of these companies and consumers pay down all that debt that crippling them.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

While the stimilus might take a while to actually kick in, just the thought of bush no more at the control and a stimilus might encourage people to think different. Things are pretty bad right now and we are actually in this recession for over a year now without many knowing. We may not see the full recovery until a year or two but I think the tide will start changing by the end of summer.

The housing market has to be somewhat better in the spring, if it continue to be this dim then then I know it will take maybe another year or two.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The way the economic stimulus will be setup is for States to have projects that are ready to go and can be advertised within 120 days of the bill being signed by the President. States who do not have projects ready for construction will lose out.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X