sting 2008... kartel v movado... after watching the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sting 2008... kartel v movado... after watching the

'event', i came to the conclusion that it was a waste of time... neither artists gave a good account of themselves... neither performed any tunes... just one bag a nize... in my opinion, it was a tame draw with both receiving failing grade...

mavado do not belong in a clash... kartel is much more suited for a clash...

i wonder what, if any role mavado's management play in the direction of his career... that was a poor decision to put him in that position...

on another note, i wonder if anybody have a problem with kartel coming out in what looked like jamaica military uniform and gear...

just my opinion, that should be off limits - entertainment of no entertainment... seems disrespectful to the military...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

"on another note, i wonder if anybody have a problem with kartel coming out in what looked like jamaica military uniform and gear...

just my opinion, that should be off limits - entertainment of no entertainment... seems disrespectful to the military..."

Is that Jamaican military? Anyway, would it seem disrespectful if it was a scene from a movie? I see nothing wrong with his outfit as it fits his purpose on stage.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Cardinal rule of clash: Yuh run yuh lose.

Also yuh cyaan a talk talk and a mek up noise when a di nex man time fi run tune. Also if yuh figget lyrics and start hum yuh lose. Also if yuh get confuse and call yuh opponent di pet name him gi yuh yuh lose (Mavado get confuse and call Kartel "Barber"). Mavado neva come fi clash him come fi survive.

Comment

the basic rule of clash is to have more of your fan than the DJ. No matter what what the other DJ them can't win.

Based on what I saw, even though I don't like all the badword, Kartel outclass Mavado inna that clash, but I guess many a di fans and writers wanted Mavado fi win.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          the basic rule of clash is to have more of your fan than the DJ. No matter what what the other DJ them can't win.

Based on what I saw, even though I don't like all the badword, Kartel outclass Mavado inna that clash, but I guess many a di fans and writers wanted Mavado fi win.
          It was a no contest. Kartel even agreed to have Mavado's band as the backing band if yuh watch the end of the clip when Mavado run off stage the band run whe wit him. Kartel did all seh "Rhattid all di band run gone"

Comment

Entertainment insiders say ... STING CLASH WAS A DRAW

The clash was a draw. This seems to be the consensus among people within the entertainment industry, following the war of words between Vybz Kartel and Mavado at Sting on Friday night at Jamworld, Portmore, St Catherine.

Quite a number of those interviewed said both Kartel and Mavado were good in parts making it a draw. "Kartel was leading by a point or two until he said that part about the other artiste (Mavado's) mother. You can't disrespect somebody's mother, especially at Christmas time," Senior Superintendent Reneto Adams, security chief for Sting said.

"You know everybody have a soft spot for mothers at this time. So I would put it down to a draw." He added that if Kartel had not done that he would have won the clash.

The clash seemed to be all in Kartel's favour until he began talking about Mavado's mother and this did not go down well with the Sting crowd, some of whom began to boo. Mavado capitalised on this and did a swift counteraction.

Too close to call

A statement sent by Carla Hollingsworth, public relations director for Supreme Promotions (promoters of the event), said the clash was even. "The clash was too close to call. It was evenly poised," Isaiah Laing, head of Supreme Promotions said in the statement.

However, Nuffy, one of the MCs at the event, said the argument was not settled in his opinion because there were biases. "No one won di clash. Di clash was neva finish. You caan run away say you leave and call it say you win," he said.

His first issue was the fact that Mavado's entourage was on stage with him during the clash. He said his entourage were the ones who did the first set of booing against Kartel during his performance. In addition, Nuffy said the entourage was telling Mavado what to sing.

Disadvantage

Nuffy also felt Vybz Kartel was put at another disadvantage because Mavado's band, Anger Management, played throughout the clash. "Me is not Alliance nor an Empire man. Is not a friend ting. Mi nuh deh pan no man side. Dem break di rule," he said.

However Laing said that Kartel has not complained to him about the issues raised, so he could not comment on them.

Miss Kitty, another MC at the event, also did not name a winner instead commending both artistes for putting on a good show. "Mavado stood his ground and Kartel put up a good challenge," she said.

Most artistes also chose not to say who won. However General B from the Monster Empire said he gave the win to Kartel, although he would not say why. Laden also gave the edge to Kartel. "If someone have to lose I would say it was Mavado because he walked off the stage," he said.

Bunca Line, a selector from Bloodline did not award any artiste the win, stating that it was more 50/ 50. In addition he said the clash was unfinished and so it was hard to declare anyone the winner.

As for another clash at Sting next year, Laing said he will have to wait and see. "The year will dictate if there will be clash," he said in the statement.

Following the clash Mavado told THE STAR that he was the winner and is the 'baddest' deejay in Jamaica. Kartel however said Mavado ran out of lyrics and ran off the stage so he could not have won.

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/.../ent/ent1.html
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Anybody who claim it draw simply fraid fi mek a stand. All when Kartel lose points fi mention Movado's mother .... him still win.

Comment

Bwoy me mussi a get old like Karl to rhatid!! But dis whole clash ting and culture just seem to be a colossus waste of time. And to imagine I used to de a Sting pon me ears a year time. (kiss teet) What annoys me the most is the credibilty the media is giving to this ridiculous and futile event. Right ya now me a defend Beres, Taurus Riley, Etana, my two sweethearts - the Chin/Chynn sisters, Alaine and any other GOOD singers.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Bwoy me mussi a get old like Karl to rhatid!! But dis whole clash ting and culture just seem to be a colossus waste of time. And to imagine I used to de a Sting pon me ears a year time. (kiss teet) What annoys me the most is the credibilty the media is giving to this ridiculous and futile event. Right ya now me a defend Beres, Taurus Riley, Etana, my two sweethearts - the Chin/Chynn sisters, Alaine and any other GOOD singers.
                  People must realize that just because they turn their noses at something, doesn't mean others aren't for it. I turn up my nose at the NFL, MLB, opera etc ... doesn't mean there aren't millions of fans out there.

Comment

Well at least me have company getting old, because what I saw on youtube was as boring as anything I can remember that could be classified as entertainment.

I find it funny reading the detailed analysis of the clash in the news media like it was a boxing match:

"Kartel was leading by a few points, but then he made an error when did a piece where he told Movado that he f**ked his mother and that caused him to lose a few points in the view of the expert clash analysts. Earlier in the clash he had told Movado that he f**ked his gyal which of course was within the rules, but saying he f**ked his mother was an illegal play"
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I love to see a good clash.

One of the sweetest thing to see is Cocoa T and Richie Stephens do a piece about loving the dread and ball head.

DJ clash can be very good entertainment but the DJs have to take it in jest and not a part of a career ending thing. I would watch a good clash but without the filthy language.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There you go Sass. I agree with you. I don't mind a good lyrical clash, but when they are going to take it down into the gutters, then that's when they lose me.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

lol... this is funny... by dem deh criteria deh, mavado lose de clash... but mi still tink seh dem neva perform nuh chune...

Comment

i guess that is what turn people off from de clash ting... when de artists dem tek it suh personal fi try fi mek it a career ending ting, as assain seh and as yuh seh tek it dung in de gutters...

mi still have a personal dislike fi kartel from him tek de clash wid ninja to de physical level... mi still nuh get ova kartel from da time deh...

still him iz lyricall superior to movado... dat iz widout doubt...

Comment

So, because some other people may like it, that gives whatever it is some validity and reason for being? That gives it some worth and credence?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X