No announcement yet.

Sting - An Excellent Letter!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't find it entertaining one bit. Sorry! But I shall watch it again!

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Kartel: Mi know yuh trim people
      Mavado: Mi know yuh Jerk chicken

Mavado (shoving the coffin off the front a di stage): Dat cyaan help yuh
      Women in the front row of VIP: Lawd jeesus mine yuh lick mi down

Mavado runs off stage with the band close behind him
      Kartel: Watch yah all the bands man dem run gone

Mavado: Yow bandsman low low low a wha yuh a try do sabotage the ting? (to his own backing band)

Comment

First and foremost - I love dancehall - and yes it has gone to the highest low if there is such a thing.
        True - back in the day - you had Yello, Echo Minor and others who used to do slackness BUT it was at the dancehall or at a show...now EVEN on radio the lyrics are nasty...attempts to dub out sm of the cuss words, nastyiness leaves nothing to the imagination...
        This is not music for the younger generation...sm even sing th elyric swithout even knowing the true meaning....we can do better!

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
          First and foremost - I love dancehall - and yes it has gone to the highest low if there is such a thing.
          True - back in the day - you had Yello, Echo Minor and others who used to do slackness BUT it was at the dancehall or at a show...now EVEN on radio the lyrics are nasty...attempts to dub out sm of the cuss words, nastyiness leaves nothing to the imagination...
          This is not music for the younger generation...sm even sing th elyric swithout even knowing the true meaning....we can do better!
          Thats what I've been saying, the artistes need to improve their lyrical content, but my fellow ites only see the need to blame Sting.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

them have no need to.
            Them a ghetto youths
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
              now EVEN on radio the lyrics are nasty...attempts to dub out sm of the cuss words, nastyiness leaves nothing to the imagination...
              Yellowman - Mi tek mi ten buddy and shub inna har 10 p*ssy sounds just as lewd as anything said today. And shouldn't you then be cussing the radio stations and not Dancehall music for playing censored songs?

Comment

Souls must be saved anywhere including go go clubs

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                LETTER OF THE DAY - Mavado-Kartel clash: Filthiness unlimited
                Published: Tuesday | December 30, 2008

The Editor, Sir:
                The Mavado-Kartel clash at Sting's 25th anniversary left me with an even stronger feeling that this country urgently needs a quality shift in its moral and spiritual fibre.

Kartel dressed in military-style attire and Mavado dressed like a policeman fed the crowd a toilet bowl mix of unlimited filth consisting of personal insults, expletives that would empty Ping's fabric store of its inventory, rabid disrespect for mothers and women in general, absolute disregard for the law, and violent language.

Stage presence
                All this in front of a strong police presence on stage, obviously powerless and helpless to effect any semblance of order or decency. Perhaps its time for Colonel Trevor MacMillan to really retreat to the golf course where he can effectively knock some balls about the green.

Symbolically, that Kartel-Mavado dress code and behaviour adequately reflect the state of the nation, its politics, Church, and police force in terms of the profanity, corruption, violence, and abject lawlessness that exist, albeit in different ways. Are these not corrupt and depraved authority figures?

My two colleagues and I walking through the crowd at Sting praying against the strongholds of wickedness in our society, observed the youthfulness of the crowd and the diet of debauchery and debased presentations by some male and female artistes, and wondered about this nation's future.

Is the meteoric falling of the moral and spiritual ethos of this nation not the root problem for Bruce, Portia and the church? Fix them and true change will begin to manifest. How?

Both church (spiritual) and state (physical) governors are the Almighty's representatives and ministers to the nation (Romans 13). It behoves them to repent jointly (reconsider, change course) on behalf of the people acknowledging sin and full responsibility for the mayhem, carnage, and waste of the country's resources that have epitomised our 46 years of independence. Repentance, truth, and reconciliation with God bring life, not icy cold death.

Kartel and Mavado are but small tips of the iceberg. It is time for real de-icing.

I am, etc.,
                DON MCDOWELL
                donmcdgodson@yahoo.com Kingston 19
                Perhaps this two fellow and two colleagues were cops who were on duty and decided to pray for these sinners, however it is still ok in they went there only to pray for those sinners and try to win some souls.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Souls must be saved anywhere including go go clubs

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  LETTER OF THE DAY - Mavado-Kartel clash: Filthiness unlimited
                  Published: Tuesday | December 30, 2008

The Editor, Sir:
                  The Mavado-Kartel clash at Sting's 25th anniversary left me with an even stronger feeling that this country urgently needs a quality shift in its moral and spiritual fibre.

Kartel dressed in military-style attire and Mavado dressed like a policeman fed the crowd a toilet bowl mix of unlimited filth consisting of personal insults, expletives that would empty Ping's fabric store of its inventory, rabid disrespect for mothers and women in general, absolute disregard for the law, and violent language.

Stage presence
                  All this in front of a strong police presence on stage, obviously powerless and helpless to effect any semblance of order or decency. Perhaps its time for Colonel Trevor MacMillan to really retreat to the golf course where he can effectively knock some balls about the green.

Symbolically, that Kartel-Mavado dress code and behaviour adequately reflect the state of the nation, its politics, Church, and police force in terms of the profanity, corruption, violence, and abject lawlessness that exist, albeit in different ways. Are these not corrupt and depraved authority figures?

My two colleagues and I walking through the crowd at Sting praying against the strongholds of wickedness in our society, observed the youthfulness of the crowd and the diet of debauchery and debased presentations by some male and female artistes, and wondered about this nation's future.

Is the meteoric falling of the moral and spiritual ethos of this nation not the root problem for Bruce, Portia and the church? Fix them and true change will begin to manifest. How?

Both church (spiritual) and state (physical) governors are the Almighty's representatives and ministers to the nation (Romans 13). It behoves them to repent jointly (reconsider, change course) on behalf of the people acknowledging sin and full responsibility for the mayhem, carnage, and waste of the country's resources that have epitomised our 46 years of independence. Repentance, truth, and reconciliation with God bring life, not icy cold death.

Kartel and Mavado are but small tips of the iceberg. It is time for real de-icing.

I am, etc.,
                  DON MCDOWELL
                  donmcdgodson@yahoo.com Kingston 19
                  Perhaps this two fellow and two colleagues were cops who were on duty and decided to pray for these sinners, however it is still ok in they went there only to pray for those sinners and try to win some souls.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I haven't been cussing anybody. I have my x-rated cds which I play in my car to select audiences only...for entertainment and information...

Comment

Working...
                    X