X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People To Watch In 2009

PEOPLE TO WATCH IN 2009

Published: Sunday | December 28, 2008

From left, Golding, Sangster, Simpson Miller and Christie.

IN A matter of days, 2008 will be history; as to what 2009 holds, no one knows for sure. What is certain, though, is that many persons of interest will find it difficult to escape the glare of the public's gaze. As the new year inches closer The Sunday Gleaner now mounts the telescope of public interest and focuses it on people to watch in 2009.

PEOPLE TO WATCH IN 2009
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

weren't those the same people to watch in 2008? just asking...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The view will be the same, we continue to turn trash, we need change, big up Obama.

Comment

Why should the PM take the Finance Minstry from Shaw? What has he done wrong or better yet ... what has he failed at?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          weren't those the same people to watch in 2008? just asking...
          Great question! This has made my day!

Comment

Re: People To Watch In 2009

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
            The view will be the same, we continue to turn trash, we need change, big up Obama.
            Karl, there is no disrespect meant, as you are a giant here as far as I'm concerned (and also on Willi's forum on those rare occasions that you choose to post). However, the truth is that as I was signing in, I started laughing again as I knew I would somehow come across Gamma's cynical comment!

I have to admit that Gamma, in his sarcastic response, hit the nail squarely on the head. TDowl, afterwards, did nothing but added flame to the theme of Gamma's response!

I'm still laughing as I recognize the fact that people like Gamma and TDowl have realized the truth, behind the ridiculous hype by the Jamaican media, that "the view will be the same" because "we continue to turn trash"!

Personally speaking, I am in full agreement with them! Need I say more?

Comment

Working...
            X