Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist Republican CD

"Barack the Magic Negro" CD Defended by RNC Chair Candidate

Tennessee Republican John "Chip" Saltsman, former manager for Mike Huckabee's 2008 presidential campaign and a candidate for the chairmanship of the Republican National Committee (RNC), sent a CD of holiday music to RNC members earlier this month. But among the other already provacative songs was the tune Barack the Magic Negro, a parody first aired in 2007 by talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

Besides Barack the Magic Negro, the 41-track CD by conservative satirist Paul Shanklin entitled "We Hate the USA," also included "Wright Place, Wrong Pastor," "Love Client #9," "The Star Spanglish Banner" and "John Edwards' Poverty Tour."

“I look forward to working together in the New Year,” Saltsman wrote in a note with the CD. “Please enjoy the enclosed CD by my friend Paul Shanklin of the Rush Limbaugh Show.”

“Paul Shanklin is a long-time friend, and I think that RNC members have the good humor and good sense to recognize that his songs for the Rush Limbaugh show are light-hearted political parodies,” Saltsman said to The Hill.

Light-hearted?

Here's the first stanza:

Barack the Magic Negro lives in D.C.
    The L.A. Times, they called him that
    'Cause he's not authentic like me.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi
Working...
X