X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluffy Diva at the controls

A fluffy 'Ruption' on the airwaves

Krista Henry, Staff Reporter

Bringing a touch of 'fluff' to afternoon radio, host, Miss Kitty is happy with the 'Ruption' she is now causing on Radio Jamaica (RJR).

After being fired from her show, The Entertainment Office, in late May, following a disagreement with the heads of the station, Miss Kitty has been a happy fixture on RJR with her show Ruption.THE STAR spoke with the fluffy diva, real name Khadine Hylton, to find out how she was adjusting to her new show.

She commented, "the reception has been very positive. I have a much larger demographic, from like 0-85, 'cause just the other day I got this letter from a 85-year-old lady who said she loves my show and I keep her laughing. I realise the listenership is varied and we try to incorporate everybody."

A little of everything

Airing from 2-5 p.m, Mondays to Fridays, Miss Kitty 'mixes up' her programme, giving a little of everything to her listeners. There is 'Mushy Mondays', with predominantly love music, 'Trendy Tuesdays', with what's hot and trendy in music, 'Wild Out Wednesdays', with the hot new 'wild out' tracks, 'Old School Thursdays', which has a retro vibe and 'Free Up Fly Fridays', where Kitty introduces new artistes that haven't broken into the business yet.

Pursue music

According to Miss Kitty, while she was nervous at the beginning, the show has grown on her, with the assistance of persons such as her resident deejay, Nyron.

For the Christmas and New Year season, Miss Kitty has a lot on her plate. she will be hosting a number of shows, such as Sting and Comedy Cook Up, among others. Miss Kitty is also hoping to explore new heights, wanting to possibly pursue music in 2009.

Readers can also look out for Miss Kitty as the STAR's celebrity poster girl on THE STAR calendar, which will be out soon.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I used to listen to her on NNN and I did like her personality.

"Doan focus pon nuh 'locus' zeen!"
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X