Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourism ain't rosy

Tourism ain't rosy

Dear Editor, The Jamaica Tourist Board and the minister of tourism seem a bit confused. They are talking out of both sides of their mouth. Most of us watch CNN regularly and most of us have seen the advertisement that is running at prime time to Marley's One Love.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

We can make it rosier by cleaning up our little spot and have inviting signs in our communities.

Give visitors the respect they deserve, but if we don't do it with ourselves how we going to give it to others. Yes the big hotels carrying people but our local chamber of commerce, parish Councils, Higgler association, retailiers and craftmen etc. need to do better planning.

While tourist want to spend money not all a them can afford the 300 US dollar to go swin with dophins.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I have not been to Jamaica in ~ 6 or so years.

Yesterday I was panning through the Jamaican Vacations web-site.

I love the All Inclusive...and that's where I stay whenever I visit.

The state of tourism is the fault of Jamaica.

Most countries that i have visited--I walk and drive around freely and safely without bother.

Long live ALL-INCLUSIVES!!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The all inclusive is great for budgetary reason and they all have different concept with some imagination.

That is what tourism need some imagination from community based groups and individual. You need to have signs and places that 'say stop yah so'. You know how many tourist tell me how them enjoy the one stop at a little local bar before they reach the hotel?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X