X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas may hit $1.00/gal>>>>>>>

This morning it was $1.479/gal!!!

SideBar:

The rapid fall in gas price should be a good tthing for Jamaica.

Why?

There will be a decrease in food prices, decrease in public transportation cost, decrease at the gas pumps,....a general decrease in overall cost of livin'.

Yes Mosiah?
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

If you say so!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I did!

HL

Comment

HL

Comment

The problem is that when oligopolies exist, so does collusion...is there any guarantee that these savings will be passed on to consumers? and a what rate? I've been hearing in T&T about a 15% drop in the price of rice about three weeks ago ...I've yet to see it at the grocery; price of wheat fell but price of bread hasn't...them was quick to jack up prices when raw materials rose in price...now that they are falling the same rapidity to pass on savings is virtually non-existent..and I don't want to hear about selling off stocks... people wicked, tief and greedy!
          Peter R

Comment

I paid $1.31 per gallon at the last fill. I am thinking if it continues like this, we could be seeing it below $1 before the end of the year.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

gas might go down but food will not go down in jamaica, there must be something that they will peg the increase or lack of reduction to e.g. (u.s dollar)

Comment

...give me your address. i think i am going to drive from ATL to fill up on some of that cheap gassss

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  ...give me your address. i think i am going to drive from ATL to fill up on some of that cheap gassss
                  Hey, HL, Tilla could ship his PETROL STATION to you via UPS Nothing that the boys in Brown can't handle, right
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

They shipped the whale-shark to the ATL aquarium...so there's very little Brown cant move.

BTW: Finish krismuss shopping yet?

HL

Comment

I have a ticket to fly to Hotlanta for Xmas - that's the most shopping I'll be doing
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Cheap diesel fuel (and gas) in T&T has created an illegal exportation of fuel to nearby islands where they do not have the subsidies that Trinis enjoy. Diesel in particular is cheap (about US$0.25/litre, or US$0.95/gallon)...so "enterprising" folks are filling up drums-full and exporting it...the authorities had begun to (not sure if they're still doing it) charge foreigners who were filling their boat gas tanks full price for fuel...(less the subsidies)...
                        Peter R

Comment

Working...
                        X