No announcement yet.

Editorials: The JUTC needs revamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazie how long will the park and ride situation last if gas go back to $60.00?

America has been through it in the 70s and they have learned nothing. Brazil has done something about their energy situation.

Limited resources is just that and if you use it for bus system you taking it from education and healthcare.

I will never support a bus system that is used by some Jamaicans bleeding the complete country. Plain and simple.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't say that what they need. That is what they support and what they deserve.

The Jamaican public could easily make the bus system a lot better by demanding accountabilty, By been responsible riders.
      Last edited by Assasin; December 3, 2008, 01:20 PM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Lazie how long will the park and ride situation last if gas go back to $60.00?

America has been through it in the 70s and they have learned nothing. Brazil has done something about their energy situation.

Limited resources is just that and if you use it for bus system you taking it from education and healthcare.

I will never support a bus system that is used by some Jamaicans bleeding the complete country. Plain and simple.
        Well, mi pass the spot this morning and it full. How much oil reach now?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

give them 6 months and them back in them SUV.

I can't forget a year and a half ago how many americans were cussing environmentalists and people who were against burning so much gas. They were called idiots and radicals, everybody wanted an SUV even myself. Now we change tune.

We have to be consistent.

You remember back in the 80s we took the Jamaican culture to the streets of Brooklyn and Queens with the Dollar van? Pretty much running the buses off the street? What Guiliani did was license them and they can run on the route but they have to pay a certain amount of money that go back to the bus system and clamp down on illegal buses.

The Jamaican government simply can't support Air Jamaica, JUTC, Sugar Company, and all these entity losing so much money if they seriously want to pay back debt and help people to move to step up the ladder. It just can't happen.

Comment

give them 6 months and them back in them SUV.

I can't forget a year and a half ago how many americans were cussing environmentalists and people who were against burning so much gas. They were called idiots and radicals, everybody wanted an SUV even myself. Now we change tune.

We have to be consistent.

You remember back in the 80s we took the Jamaican culture to the streets of Brooklyn and Queens with the Dollar van? Pretty much running the buses off the street? What Guiliani did was license them and they can run on the route but they have to pay a certain amount of money that go back to the bus system and clamp down on illegal buses.

The Jamaican government simply can't support Air Jamaica, JUTC, Sugar Company, and all these entity losing so much money if they seriously want to pay back debt and help people to move to step up the ladder. It just can't happen.
            Sass, thats it with you. If you form an opinion on anything ... it nuh matter what yuh not changing yuh mind. If Americans go back to their SUVs that their business. When oil was brushing U$150 there was a state of panic back home when they calculated how much it would cost to import oil into the country.

I've put my view forward since I've had to waste time sitting in traffic in Mobay and Ochie.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie it is not me not changing. The fact is that even though there are plans in America we ignore it and use knee jerk reactions.

Places like Brazil planned to deal with their enery system since the 70s. It amaze me in England you have the choice of putting a natural gas tank in your car. These are the kind of things we want in America. We have gotten fat and lazie. The Japanese came out with the hybrid.If America want cut gas import meaningful they have to develop and use better technology so some a that money that goes to people who use it againsts America will stop getting it.

Lazie if I don't see concrete proof of changes, just talking to me and showing plans is not going to convince me. I will bet you on this that if the economy get better next year as I hope it does your car park will be empty again.

Tell me how the buses going to help you from not sitting in traffic from Mobay to Ochie? You think people going to stop taking their cars or illegal taxi?

A you same one talk bout more "Gal and cellphone" well this more cars. sorry fi spoil your bubble, we no longer have a culture to wait on buses.

Comment

Lazie it is not me not changing. The fact is that even though there are plans in America we ignore it and use knee jerk reactions.

Places like Brazil planned to deal with their enery system since the 70s. It amaze me in England you have the choice of putting a natural gas tank in your car. These are the kind of things we want in America. We have gotten fat and lazie. The Japanese came out with the hybrid.If America want cut gas import meaningful they have to develop and use better technology so some a that money that goes to people who use it againsts America will stop getting it.

Lazie if I don't see concrete proof of changes, just talking to me and showing plans is not going to convince me. I will bet you on this that if the economy get better next year as I hope it does your car park will be empty again.

Tell me how the buses going to help you from not sitting in traffic from Mobay to Ochie? You think people going to stop taking their cars or illegal taxi?

A you same one talk bout more "Gal and cellphone" well this more cars. sorry fi spoil your bubble, we no longer have a culture to wait on buses.
                I said nothing about Mobay to Ochie. That is completely different from Mobay and Ochie. Well, you've been taken to the water ... if yuh nuh waan drink thats your fault.

Comment

you can drink but nuh swallow di pill Lazie.

A concrete we deal wid, straight up

Well it won't help you in Mobay or Ochie. If you want save energy then take a walk or buy yourself a bicycle cause them nah stop drive car and illegal taxi. The culture set in and "man have fi eat a food."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    When the review was done and the JUTC and it was discovered it was overstaffed, which clown on the forum objected when they were being sent home?
                    Was it really overstaffed...or the staff was being efficiently used? ...did we just hear persons here, including one La...ie calling for efficiency?

...and did we hear...I think it was Mosiah?...it being said that there was not satisfaction in moving people? Unfulfilled levels of service being offered?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yes them need fi get some donkeys if them only have 100 buses and 200 drivers

Comment

But not as a feedin tree!

Comment

I don't say that what they need. That is what they support and what they deserve.

The Jamaican public could easily make the bus system a lot better by demanding accountabilty, By been responsible riders.
                          Better managers!
                          Better workers!
                          More buses!

...to efficiently move the vast numbers of the public currently suffering with poor service.

Aside: Poor scheduling! Under served routes! Non-exisitent service at certain periods of the day! Lack of service in some areas crying out for routes to be established!

Poor management of the 'service depots'! - Dirty uses! Shoddy repairs...and or slow turn around time from buses going down to being put back in service! Security at depots i.e. parts 'walking through the doors'...

Problems - inefficiency in procurement systems...
                          Just a mess!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That's why I said not at all costs.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why were there 100 buses to 200 drivers? Were there more buses but they weren't being maintained?!?

I dunno. Just wondering because yuh cyaan believe everyting yuh hear or read, esp. if it appear in the Newsletter.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know I can't believe everything I hear and read but what was said is the buses were no longer in operation.

If that is the case then in the short term why should tax payers be paying these drivers to sit down? isn't it upon the union and company to work something out, short of full payment until they need them again?

Based on the reading I got is that many buses were in a state of disrepair but the staff still remain. Mo it is simple that these companies have to find a better way of saving government money. They don't have to lay them off but cut hours or offer a temporary lay off with some compensation until the buses are available for them to drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X