X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I followed the law - Christie

I followed the law - Christie
    published: Tuesday | December 2, 2008

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS intended to verify claims that Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) executive Bindley Sangster deliberately misled the contractor general were yesterday afternoon delivered to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

Contractor General Greg Christie, in a 104-page report on investigations into the award of contracts at the beleaguered state-owned bus company, said Sangster committed a criminal offence when he contravened Section 29 (a) of the Contractor General Act. According to the report, Sangster "wilfully" made a "false statement" on a JUTC quarterly contract award (QCA) report dated July 28. Christie said in his report that the statement was intended to mislead the contractor general.

I followed the law - Christie
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

JUTC ruckus

JUTC ruckusPrime Minister Bruce Golding yesterday gave the Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) just over a day to provide him with a full report of contracts issued by the state-run bus company as controversy deepened over deals being queried by the contractor-general.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X