No announcement yet.

Contractor General completes investigations at JUTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I seem to remember Karl being a bit unsupportive of the CG back in the day.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Couldn't care what party affiliations they have. (And by the way, that "fact" is news to me.) If the editorials make sense, great! If the articles are investigative and revealing, great!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is not just the party affiliation but people like Garnet Roper who are activists not just party members who just toe party line.

I don't mind one or two but when the columnists have a similar line and even ignore the facts then I can't bother.

Again there investigative Journalism normally on the front pages and dealing with economy is normally good.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Mi nuh have fi look far

"Damn?!
          The Contractor-General has come alive...

...or was he underminded?
          An underling became so outraged that the underling sent out the requests and then informed the Contractor-General how it was realised that that is what he would have wanted? Underling to Contractor-General with face turning red from trying to keep a straight face: Among other things I am protecting your back, sir! "

...and these series of questions pointing out possible...POSSIBLE...occurance...suggesting think on such a possibility???? ...means I am against a CG? ...or this CG?

Massa, think! THINK!
          ...and in this case, not asking...telling - THINK!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That was direct to Karl who have question his every move and acuse the man of been egotistic.
            Go back and look at my reference to the CG being egotistic!

Did you see that he got his back up when his actions were questioned?

Anyone who jumps to righteous indignation when acting in the public interest when asked to explain or give an accounting of actions...has an EGO problem or is not suited for the job...or both! Any CG must expect to have his/her actions questioned. Could never expect to be not questioned.

If, ...and I take you back to protection of the office, vetting, etc...every action of a CG was taken as given/done...would not there then be greater opportunity for a CG with an agenda to abuse his office?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Stop gwaan like yuh dunce Karl. Nobody said no such thing. The issue was everytime something buss pon the former gov't, clowns like you try to deflect it or spin it to include the opposition.
              ...and when you claim everything...and I, also spin or deflect that everything...then you claim untruth!

Comment

Yes Karl anything is possible. If you have no insight, no motives then why question the man integrity without reason?

It was the same thing the politicians doing, trying to drag the man into mud when he is only doing his job and a good one at that.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It never take you long.

The man have an ego but so far he has explained every decision he has taken and report it to parliament and the DPP. It is discuss and in writing but he has to defend his integrity and his depart.

If that give him a big ego then go ahead sah. The CG is one of the last frontier of professionalism in our country.

Comment

Yes Karl anything is possible. If you have no insight, no motives then why question the man integrity without reason?

It was the same thing the politicians doing, trying to drag the man into mud when he is only doing his job and a good one at that.
                    What do you mean without reason?
                    Surely it was natural and to eb expected for at least one PNP operative to wonder out loud on whether or not the CG was being driven solely by 'good' motives?

Take a look at the 'light blub issue'? ...so far, I am wondering what it is that the CG saw wrong...besides possible conflicts of interests? The figures I have seen in the print media appear entirely reasonable!

Comment

there you go showing your bias as usual. If you see anything in the lightbulb case that call for anything less than charges in the media you are totally bias.

Even the parties involved said they didn't follow governmental guidelines so how can you use that to criticize the CG. He has to use the evidence before him and the PNP have to provide him with evidence so if they didn't how is it an credibility on his office?

Comment

there you go showing your bias as usual. If you see anything in the lightbulb case that call for anything less than charges in the media you are totally bias.

Even the parties involved said they didn't follow governmental guidelines so how can you use that to criticize the CG. He has to use the evidence before him and the PNP have to provide him with evidence so if they didn't how is it an credibility on his office?
                        So what am I to use outside of the media reports?

Comment

Well 90% of the media suggested somebody should be charged.

Comment

Well 90% of the media suggested somebody should be charged.
                            ...with no good reason!

Comment

Correction,

they break news about the JLP that others dont. They are very partisan and seek to protect the PNP. Sort of an inverse newslette. LoL

They didnt break the news of the sweetheart land deal by Roper, did they.

What we need is real impartiality, but the best we can hope for are party aligned attack dogs. Who really cares for ALL Jamaica?

Poor Jamaica, so far from God, so close to the United States.

Comment

I honestly have not noticed that sort of bias. I have seen where they break news on some crime spot that just seems to be nothing more than a crime spot. In fact, the crime spot was a PNP stronghold, I believe.

I remember when I began my association with the JFJ, Balla and others were telling me that the JFJ were simply an arm of the JLP, trying to bring down the govt. Some even said they would disappear once the JLP is in power! Well, that clearly didn't happen and the struggles of the JFJ continue.

Sometimes I wonder if the people on the outside are not the ones carrying the bias.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X