119 services to be privatised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 119 services to be privatised

The Government is moving to revamp the operations at Police Control popularly known as 119.

Prime Minister Bruce Golding has revealed that the Government is moving to privatise the emergency service which is currently housed on the compound of the Police Commissioner's Office on Old Hope Road.
    According to Mr. Golding, the Government has recognised the problems confronting persons who often seek assistance via the 119 emergency number.

"People complain to me that when they call it, you can go down to the shop to buy a drink and come back and it still ringing ... we've taken a decision to outsource the service to a private company ... they will provide the building, the equipment and the staff ... they will manage it like a call centre and when they calls come in, the will reroute them," he said.

Mr. Golding added that his administration is bringing a new approach to the management of emergencies.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/13300/26/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Government run amok

So, we still have 119. Good to know. And yes, if privatizing it means that someone might actually answer, then make haste!

What I don't get it is the new emergency numbers that we have. There is 211 for child emergencies, 811 for Kingfish (or is it Crimestop) and I believe there is a 311 (or is it 113) number?

Can we have one number that routes the calls to the appropriate agencies? An efficient 119 will save us remembering all these numbers, with their different formats (811 instead of 118).

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Looks like it is getting harder and harder to find legitimate issues to complain about..

Comment

...and easier to fan off any and all legitimate complaints. Hell, Lazie him claim him will mek we know when corruption tek place.

heh heh!

Thanks, Lazie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X