HL, how did McCain win Georgia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL, how did McCain win Georgia?

Just goes to show, there is still work to be done.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Much work to be done indeed!!

Still, looking at the numbers --the democrats have made a significant impact.

There are States that Obama naturally conceded. (Georgia, a confederate State is one...).

Voters like Assasin and myself are blazing the trail to bring 'civilization' to these southern States.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

yes but if you look at demographics something is wrong or there is something I dont understand. How many eligible voters do you have in Atlanta? I would think Atlanta and its suburbs would have a large pro-democrat vote along with places like savanna.. and so one..

Comment

Blacks are only 30% of that state and even though atlanta has quite a few blacks, the white folks there are pretty conservative.

Comment

Very good point OJ.

I therefore think that if Obama has invested time and more money in GA he would have carried it closely as he did North Carolina, Indiana and Missouri(?sp?)

HL

Comment

White suburbanites in Dixie voted for McCain overwhelmingly. Their voting patterns did not change much from 2004. That is states like GA, AL, MS, SC etc.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I get that but usually you have your largest population around the cities so simiarlly to Ohio where if you do well in Cinci and Cleveland you have a chance. I thought places like ATL Sav and macon woluld close the gap. Its obvioulsy not the case as his campaign did not waste resources on it.. Maybe the rural areas quite populated.

Comment

Obama did his homework!

HL

Comment

Obama pulled out of Georgia too early. I spoke to Gamma about it too.

Well he had to choose where to fight and he pulled out of GA. Many democrats in GA are upset as they think they had a chance.

Jim Martin for senate spend a lot of money and he came close to defeating the incumbant Saxby Chambis, I think they are still counting now.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

All is not lost Assasin.

There's going to be a run-off...our votes did the trick.

Georgia Senate race heads to Dec. 2 runoff

Overall, Democrats broaden their control of Congress in the elections

Georgia Senate Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss has failed to reach the majority vote requirement needed under state law to avoid a runoff, The Associated Press reported Wednesday.
                    The freshman senator will face Democrat Jim Martin in the Dec. 2 contest to fill the last seat in the new Senate. Chambliss acknowledged the vote totals could still change but said "our position is we're in a runoff."
                    Said Martin, "the runoff race begins right now."
                    Story continues below ↓

HL

Comment

Working...
                    X