• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami investors eyeing JA – Samuda

Just close some deal Mr. Samuda.

Miami investors eyeing JA – Samuda

Tuesday, 04 November 2008

Industry Minister Karl Samuda says several investors in Miami, Florida are exploring the possibility of establishing businesses in Jamaica.

Last week, Mr. Samuda met with members of the Council of the Americas, a group of powerful and influential businesspersons.

The group was founded by American billionaire, David Rockefeller.

Mr. Samuda, who returned to the country from Miami on Monday, says some of the members are eyeing Jamaica to set up light manufacturing.

"Especially in hard and soft infrastructure, in telecommunication, the ICT industry and in small, light manufacturing establishments ... they're also very keen in the area of tourism and attempting to establish businesses that could fill the void in terms of goods that we have to import to service this important sector," he said.

The Minister is to travel to New York and other states in the US to hold talks with other members of the Council of the Americas.
    Last edited by Karl; November 4, 2008, 12:19 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

....senn com kall mi wen dem sine de kontrak...
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

some business a gwaan a yard, only that we sell out and not prepared. Nuff Spanish hotel but nuff workers from overseas(nuff). Pihl and son a make nuff road but nuff Europeans a supervise and them drive worst than any taxi driver.

There is nuff oppurtunity if the leadership gets it right and actually motivate people instead of shouting at them.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Some of these investors LOVE corrupt countries and government Assasin....
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I know. It easier for them and some a them a big companies too.

A teacher of mine tell me how Pan Am use to give him suitcase of money to go to Brazil to do business. That was the only way it could be done without any trace.

Comment

Working...
          X