Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In support of Obama

In support of ObamaThursday, October 30, 2008

The local opinion polls say that 94 per cent of all Jamaicans want Barack Obama to win the presidency of the United States of America next Tuesday. I claim to be a part of that 94 per cent. The polls in the USA give Obama the lead, but many say that there might be a 10 per cent swing on election day, giving the presidency to John McKain.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Received this in my email: Author unknown (to me at any rate)
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

Subject: FW: NOVEMBER 5TH ETIQUETTE

Good Morning My People -

After watching the final debate the other night, it dawned on me that
    Obama could actually win this thing. If that happens, there will be a
    lot of people (some of our co-workers

included) who will be afraid that an Obama presidency will usher in the
    end of days. They'll be watching us on November 5th (the day after the
    election) for signs of the end times.

To keep the peace and keep a lot of folks from getting nervous, I think
    we should develop a list of acceptable celebrations and behaviors we
    should probably avoid - at least for the first few days:

1. No crying, hugging or shouting 'Thank you Lord' - at least not in public

2 No high-fives - at least not unless the area is clear and there are no witnesses

3 No laughing at the McCain/Palin supporters

4 No calling in sick on November 5th. They'll get nervous if too many of us don't show up.

5 We're allowed to give each other knowing winks or nods in passing. Just try to keep from grinning too hard.

6. No singing loudly, We've come this Far By Faith (it will be acceptable to hum softly)

7. No bringing of barbeque ribs or fried chicken for lunch in the company lunchroom for at least a week (no chittlings at all) (this may make us seem to ethnic)

8. No leaving kool-aid packages at the water fountain (this might be a sign that poor folks might be getting a break through)

9. No Cupid Shuffle during breaks (this could indicate a little too much excitement)

10. P lease no Moving on Up music (we are going to try to remain humble)

11. No doing the George Jefferson dance (unless you're in your office with the door closed)

12. Please try not to yell----BOOOO YAH!

13. Just in case you're wondering, Doing the Running Man, cabbage patch, or a backhand spring on the highway is 100% okay.

If I've missed anything feel free to add to the list. I just want to make sure we're all on the same page when Obama brings this thing home on November 5th.

Now go get your early vote on and let's make this thing happen!!!

Peter R

Comment

Good!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yep, but on a serious note there really are a lot of people who believe an Obama victory means the end-of-the-US-as-they-know-it and who knows what those kinds of emotions will do to people.

I have already told my friends and family to be very careful on the days following election if Obama wins. I would be surprised if there are not some hate crime incidents.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

it might sound twisted but the reason barack is doing well is because he's married to a black woman. the sisters not saying he's a sell-out, and white men not fearing that he's coming for there wives.

that's the religious fundamentalist. Most hardcore racist advocating for barack for different reasons of course, economy, reviving the pro- white movement, etc.

Abolishment gave the Dems the south and the civil rights act gave back the south to the GOP. If barack does well, the GO will be in the wilderness, if he fails as president black people will have an even harder timing gaining repsctability.
          Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
          Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

mi hear seh gun sales gone up in fl...nuh know what it means...black people defending themselves or white supremacists planning to go on the offensive!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

dem know se Barack ago put in tougher gun regulation so dem a stock up... akin to the Y2K bug...LOL...
              Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
              Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Working...
              X