RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No comment on the Obamamercial last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No comment on the Obamamercial last night?

I liked the fact that he did not mention his opponents once.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

It was ok. I liked Clinton's Speech! Now that's a leader speaking....Obama will get there.

Comment

It was very inspiring and uplifting. Lets see how it works with the undecided voters.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

what's to say?

mccain continues to sound like a bitter old man......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

islandman....your nervous thoughts please?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Heh heh. Very well put together and had the right tone for the kind of audience he was aiming at.

I must say that the thing I am most happy with about this Obama campaign is the quality of its organization and production. That has been as historic as anything else about it.

Most forumites know that I don't share some of Obamas political views (I am mostly with him on foreign and social policy, not a big fan of his economic policies) but from what I can see so far the man is not afraid to seek advice and make tough decisions and is certainly a leader who can inspire. Lets hope he gets his chance and uses it well.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post

Most forumites know that I don't share some of Obamas political views (not a big fan of his economic policies) .
              We should stay the course with trickle down market based driven economic policy?
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

at your nervous best sir...!!!!

Comment

Heh heh. Very well put together and had the right tone for the kind of audience he was aiming at.

I must say that the thing I am most happy with about this Obama campaign is the quality of its organization and production. That has been as historic as anything else about it.

Most forumites know that I don't share some of Obamas political views (I am mostly with him on foreign and social policy, not a big fan of his economic policies) but from what I can see so far the man is not afraid to seek advice and make tough decisions and is certainly a leader who can inspire. Lets hope he gets his chance and uses it well.
                  A leader can always rein in his ego!
                  This guy seem to have that down pat!
                  Clearly he is not afraid to allow 'the experts' in his organisation go to work.

I wonder i) who are the marketing boys & girls...and who leads here? ii) who is head of his tech team/internet savy team? iii) who are the individuals who make up his top tier team ('Board of Directors'/War Cabinet"?)

He should certainly make a President of which we can be all proud. As Bill Clinton said, "he is a fast learner" aka "ruthless"! If his aims are more geared to the country's progress...and thus its people...than an inwards self-interest...he shall do well and so shall the country.

Who knows on taking office...if he takes office...he may as "fast learner" shift to McCain's more responsible less 'gifts' & 'goodies' and a more pro-growth agenda?

We'll see, what we shall see after 20 Jan. 2009!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH KARL???!!!!

if yuh a guh tek that conciliatory tone who will we have to mock, jeer and trample afoot?!!

Comment

My problem with Obamas economic policies is not particularly that he is rolling back the Bush tax cuts although i don't think right now in the middle of a recession is the best time to do that.

He is going way further than that and also rolling back some of the great reforms in reducing govt spending that Clinton did in the 90s. He seems to want govt to grow larger and be responsible for a lot more than I think it should.

He is also for giving "no-strings attached" income tax credits to people who do not pay income tax and I am totally opposed to redistributing income that way.

If you want to use taxes to give more education, training, daycare etc grants to people who are trying to help themselves get ahead, I can go along with that as long as the program seems to be making a difference (and shut it down if it is not). But don't just take my taxes and cut a check and give it to someone else.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

X do you know that there is a law against hacking and identity theft? This CANNOT be Karl posting!!!!
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He took a page out of the Joan Gordon Webley's book. A year ago she came out with a half hour documentary on her life and times, interacting with people and doing for the community. It was sharp! You would have thought the race was over and that Maxine Henry Wilson did not stand a chance.

I hope this infomercial thingy is not a jinx, because Joan was soundly whipped by Maxine!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

My problem with Obamas economic policies is not particularly that he is rolling back the Bush tax cuts although i don't think right now in the middle of a recession is the best time to do that.
                            People earning over $250,000 can afford to pay more taxes, and due to numerous loopholes, they actually pay very little taxes.

He is going way further than that and also rolling back some of the great reforms in reducing govt spending that Clinton did in the 90s. He seems to want govt to grow larger and be responsible for a lot more than I think it should.
                            By ending the war in Iraq, which costs the US $10 billion a month, and seeking efficiencies in government programs, a lot more can be done. Universal healthcare is a right for every American, and American corporations have difficulty competing with foreign firms in the West where universal healthcare is available.

He is also for giving "no-strings attached" income tax credits to people who do not pay income tax and I am totally opposed to redistributing income that way. If you want to use taxes to give more education, training, daycare etc grants to people who are trying to help themselves get ahead, I can go along with that as long as the program seems to be making a difference (and shut it down if it is not). But don't just take my taxes and cut a check and give it to someone else.
                            You might be influenced by McCain's talking points here. I am not sure where you got this information, since a person who does not pay taxes, can not get a refund on taxes that they do not pay into the system.

However, income tax credits can create incentives for people who invest in new technologies & innovation etc. Many States employ tax credits for persons who buy hybrid vehicles, and this reduces the reliance on imported oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                              I liked the fact that he did not mention his opponents once.
                              Nice!
                              ..played to the already hooked!
                              ...undecided?
                              Don't thing it said anything new!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X