Obama breaks promise on campaign finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    gweh...mi have alibi...btw i will be that side this weekend ... for a few days.
    mek sure yuh link mi.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

gamma - be sure to link Karl in the daylight hours

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      mek sure yuh link mi.
      He's not allowed out after dark
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

especially ef is full moon....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          If it is facts being presented, it cannot be biased ... its the truth.
          Not really. there is a whole grey area called "misleading information" and that is where most of these political pundits live.

Here are some "facts" on Obama:

1) Obama had an association with the terrorist Bill Ayers

2) Obama said teaching sex education to kindergarten students is the "right thing to do"
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            only about whether he made the promise or not. clearly it was a good move not to go for federal financing....
            Then again, technically he accepted public financing. Whenever I fill out my tax form I indicate NO ...to donating money for public financing, because I don't want my money going to a candidate that I don't support.

Going to http://www.barrackobama.com and willingly donating to a candidate that one supports is truly public financing.

Barrack outsmart McCain on this, who waan complain ... can complain.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              Not really. there is a whole grey area called "misleading information" and that is where most of these political pundits live.

Here are some "facts" on Obama:

1) Obama had an association with the terrorist Bill Ayers

2) Obama said teaching sex education to kindergarten students is the "right thing to do"
              ... and if yuh hear those points yuh simply going to take it as gospel? Sorry, I affi consult google get more information then guh check out the various news channels.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Agreed, it was a good tactical move and smart politician that he is, he decided that the benefit far exceeded any fallout he would get from going against what he initially planned to do.

Most voters have no clue what the issue is about anyway.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

well technically or otherwise...he made a good tactical decision and it has worked for him and may be the difference maker.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                    He's not allowed out after dark
                    Yuh seit, tuh!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Boss, stay with the point being argued nuh?Who a talk bout google?

The point is that these statements are technically TRUE but misleading. Just as Bill Clinton could argue that technically he did not lie when he said "There is no sexual relationship with that woman"

Same for Obama and public financing. In essence he made a commitment to make an agressive effort to get an agreement on public financing and he
                      changed his mind.

Campbell-Browns analysis is on point and Olberman as expected, is misleading with the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Boss, stay with the point being argued nuh?Who a talk bout google?

The point is that these statements are technically TRUE but misleading. Just as Bill Clinton could argue that technically he did not lie when he said "There is no sexual relationship with that woman"

Same for Obama and public financing. In essence he made a commitment to make an agressive effort to get an agreement on public financing and he
                        changed his mind.

Campbell-Browns analysis is on point and Olberman as expected, is misleading with the facts.
                        No Islandman, the point is a voter must get themselves informed. I had no idea who Bill Ayers was ... so I asked Google.

Again, what did Obama say about public financing? Wasn't his answer based on what his opponent would do? I've asked my friend google but him nuh find it yet. If yuh find it .. please post it.

As far as I can recall there was no promise, therefore Campbell is wrong and the biased Keith is right.

Comment

According to a Salon.com article, "said he would stay in the federal public financing system if he did win the primary fight, as long as his GOP opponent did the same". See article at http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20...8/fundraising/.

Now, I haven't read all of it, I've just posted what I recalled was said. Now, based on that condition, according to the biased Keith, McCain didn't come out and accept public financing until after Obama said he won't.

How long was McCain the presumptive nominee before Obama?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                            No Islandman, the point is a voter must get themselves informed. I had no idea who Bill Ayers was ... so I asked Google.

Again, what did Obama say about public financing? Wasn't his answer based on what his opponent would do? I've asked my friend google but him nuh find it yet. If yuh find it .. please post it.

As far as I can recall there was no promise, therefore Campbell is wrong and the biased Keith is right.
                            Some bacckground - http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc...inance_pledge/

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...aign_Financing

Timeline

http://thepage.time.com/mccain-camp-...ublic-funding/

Comment

I posted what he said about it above:

" If I am the Democratic nominee, I will AGGRESSIVELY PURSUE an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election."

Comment

Working...
                              X