RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Lazy, el al! - Obama hung by the neck as effigy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is precisely because mi went to good school.......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      a white person hanging another white person in effigy is less likely to have RACIST overtones than the person of one race hanging a person of another race in effigy.

in both scenarios it is crass and hateful but one has a racist overtone and the other does not!
      Suh since its a man that did it, should he be accused of being a sexist? Wrong is Wrong Gamma! You said, "in both scenarios it is crass and hateful!" you should have stopped there.

Tek a leaf out of Obama's book nuh?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

of course it could have sexist overtones and one could easily argue that..to way to avoid any of it is not to do it!

mind you it does not make it more or less palatable one way or the other but it does affect the perception of who does what...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          You make a ridiculous post bout it being different if it was an effigy of Obama then waan call people idiot. Look in the mirror and you'll see who the biggest idiot on the forum is. The fact is it is wrong irrespective who it was targeted at. Stop defend almshouse.
          Repek...fi dis!
          Dere his hope fi yuh - Tell yuh seh, yuh his good yute! ...jus waiting fi bruk hout!

Fun an joke aside - Full Respect!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What took you so long?
            Your response to such of Obama would have been up weeks ago
            Karl ... why yuh edit mi post bossman? Now anyone who read it think I made that post.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Karl ... why yuh edit mi post bossman? Now anyone who read it think I made that post.
              Damn!
              I 'll have to go back and correct. Forgive...inadvertently done. Did not even realise it!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Its wrong irrespective of who its supposed to be. The outrage that would be expressed if it was of Obama, should be the same outrage exhibited about this one.

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jloSIrn5jNE

Racist?
                Dangerous?
                Time for wrath?

Oooh Baddaz? gamma?

Aside:
                I just could not wait any longer for you guys to show up!
                Sorry!

...oooh yes, I know you are all voting Obama because of his position on the issues. ...and as you are rational and collected...no emotionalism...no personal connection as a fellow black...your silence is just your way of expressing how you would treat any such effigy of Obama.
                Lazie: Its wrong irrespective of who its supposed to be. The outrage that would be expressed if it was of Obama, should be the same outrage exhibited about this one.
                What took you so long?
                Your response to such of Obama would have been up weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Damn!
                  I 'll have to go back and correct. Forgive...inadvertently done. Did not even realise it!
                  Lazie always forgive .... its all good.

Comment

Lazie always forgive .... its all good.
                    Thank you!
                    I made the corrections

Comment

Kumbaya......

Comment

There is hope for someone who can't comprehend a simple statement?!?

I have to ask, how bad was Lazie afterall!?!?

Gamma, has said practically the same thing I am saying about the effigy, but unnu have strength fi di non-lawyer.

LOL!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          There is hope for someone who can't comprehend a simple statement?!?

I have to ask, how bad was Lazie afterall!?!?

Gamma, has said practically the same thing I am saying about the effigy, but unnu have strength fi di non-lawyer.

LOL!
                          The same thing I said to you I said to Gamma. The difference is, Gamma isn't defensive when opposed.
                          Last edited by Lazie; October 29, 2008, 03:49 PM.

Comment

mi nuh get yuh? defensive how? i EXPLAIN myself.....if that is what you mean that in lazie's dictionary i suppose that is defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              mi nuh get yuh? defensive how? i EXPLAIN myself.....if that is what you mean that in lazie's dictionary i suppose that is defensive.
                              Typo ... it should be isn't defensive. Now guh drink some ice watah.

Comment

This is what you said to me:

Bullsh!t Mosiah .... its wrong.
                                Hence my defensive reaction.

If you are having problems spelling the word "apologies", "sorry" will do. For now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X