RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unapproved deal - Shaw blasts Davies over salary agreement .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the he said she said is nonsense but unfortunately it is a necessary nonsense situation created by how politics is conducted...and continues to be conducted....

"wicked government" ..... "worse nightmare" etc.....

like you i agree my sister is a teacher and my mother is a retired teacher so i have some emotional investment...i can also say that this sad state of affairs didn't just materialise and it will have to be HALTED before it can be improved.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

so because a politician give a 30 minutes press conference it take away from national duties?

Politicians will always be politicians and as sad as it is we have to depend on them.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        so because a politician give a 30 minutes press conference it take away from national duties?

Politicians will always be politicians and as sad as it is we have to depend on them.
        as usual the point escapes you... oh well...
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          "The only people who take this dredged up stuff from years ago are misguided partisans."

Not years ago, one year ago to be exact. The fact is the PNP left us in a hole, they are just as guilty as the JLP if not more, so how they want to stand on pulprit and don't mention that they have to take some blame for the current crisis?
          I'll say to the JLP the same thing I said to Boxhill - You fought for and now sit in the hot seat...stop the nonsense talk and work! It is now put up or leave!

Boxhill never did 'put up' and he never left....he was huled out of the chair and kicked through the door by the voters (delegates). Brucie and his boys had better take heed.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Even a broken ra%$ clock...
            heh heh heh .... add to that Shaw insisting we get cheaper loans. Remember yuh idol Omar was insisting no such funds exist? Gwaan play dandy shandy.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Then what the Hell is Omar/Portia doing? They are Shaw are siblings...acting the same way.

PNP is offering no help and JLP is showing no inkling of accepting any even if offered!

Comment

Stop the holier than thou.

At this point NONE of the seem deeply interested in fixing anything.

Jamaica salt, so idealist stand of your is just as counterproductive.

Comment

There is such a thing as evidence...thatb is why Bunting had to back down.

If Capeman has no evidence, he should shut up, otherwise he has a DUTY to talk. Running around the back of Cabinet is a serious matter.

However, in the big picture, the remuneration of teachers is very important...but same for nurse, police, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    Stop the holier than thou.

At this point NONE of the seem deeply interested in fixing anything.

Jamaica salt, so idealist stand of your is just as counterproductive.
                    Your argument doesn't make sense.... having cooperation as an ideal and a goal is counterproductive? That's nonsensical.
                    The lack of working towards such an ideal is the reason for our persistent poverty.

I'm not a politician so I can afford to be above the fray... "holier than thou" or "idealistic" as you put it.

Consequently I'm free to call it as I see it.. without apology to any guy.

The government needs to lead... period. Political point scoring is a waste of time, energy and most of all a waste of opportunities to build consensus with the other side.
                    If the Opposition wants to engage in that point scoring... they should be largely ignored by the GOJ.... not childishly trading silly charges on every issue.

As long as we continue without a cooperative attitude... yes wi salt.
                    Without consensus as an ideal Jamaica is going nowhere.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Then what the Hell is Omar/Portia doing? They are Shaw are siblings...acting the same way.

PNP is offering no help and JLP is showing no inkling of accepting any even if offered!

I personally don't care much or even follow what Omar or Portia do or say currently.
                      They don't have executive responsibility now so I expect politiking from them and feel I can ignore it.

I care more about what the Government does and says... for a cooperative attitude to exist it MUST be set by them... then it's up to the Oppposition to respond or not.

Unfortunately we mostly see wild and childishly partisan outbursts from the people in charge... they set the national tone.

Comment

Yuh get mi wrong.

Not really attacking you, just trying to wake you up.

The PNP has shown no inkling and as you say, the JLP is unremarkable.

Can you get oil to mix nicely with water?

Yes, the Govt must be held to a higher standard, but not to take the blame for 18 years of crap.

Yes, they need to lead, but the way politics is played, its naive to think they will allow the carping to go unanswered. That would take a higher order of Public Servants than we have on show.

Comment

Yuh get mi wrong.

Not really attacking you, just trying to wake you up.

The PNP has shown no inkling and as you say, the JLP is unremarkable.

Can you get oil to mix nicely with water?

Yes, the Govt must be held to a higher standard, but not to take the blame for 18 years of crap.

Yes, they need to lead, but the way politics is played, its naive to think they will allow the carping to go unanswered. That would take a higher order of Public Servants than we have on show.
                          No need to wake me up... I just say what I feel needs to be done.... not what I expect politicians to do.

I predicted that there would be little progress under this regime - as they are now proving.
                          There can be no substantial progress under any party until we learn to cooperate better... that is Jamaica's central problem

Golding promised a new politics... unfortunately we're still waiting for that.

It seems to me after took office they took the offensive with the wild charges of corruption, mismangement etc on every issue (many of which may even be true)... to the extent where many felt they were still in Opposition mode.
                          That approach continues to this day and is totally unnecessary and against our best interests.

Comment

Working...
                          X