again Islandman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• again Islandman

have u started to see the split in the Republican party.
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

I don't know if I would call it a split. There are some defections and some who hope McCain loses so they can run a far-right candidate in 4 years. For the most part they are still in the camp though.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Deep split , I said it awhile back that America has to face its racial demons in this election and it seems that America is winnning the battle.Here we have two candidates one chooses to attack the issues the other chooses to attack the others ethnicity(race,color,religon, social status etc)

Now the latter attack is said to represent the right wing neo conservatives of the republican party, a damming statement against America if this is what they want to represent this nation across the world.

The moderate republicans will and must revolt against this kind of divisive rhetoric.A civil war will erupt after this election in the republican party and if they dont oust or mute this kind of flagrant racist disrespectfull kind of politics the Republicans will never win another presidency .

This race was or is about America facing its racial demons brought out by the Republican party in the most vile way , one could argue America has grown racially or its the fact that most white people are just embarrased that they are so outwarldy exposed (code word turned off) by the Republicans unabashed attack on the mans ethnicity .

Mark my words .This nation will prove it has changed and I would bet my money on it that an African American can be elected to any office based on the issues in any spehere of the nation after Nov 4 th.
      Last edited by Sir X; October 22, 2008, 07:33 PM.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

libertarian are saying evangelics are getting too much, evangelics are saying they are not getting much, fiscal are saying that we are overreaching in the MIddle East, neo-cons are saying Israel is not being helped enough.

you realise over the past 48 hrs, Adelman one of the biggest neocons have switched as well as K.A paul, one of the biggest evangelics.
        Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
        Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

They have switched in my view because of one reason in my opinion .To select a neo conservative like Palin as V.P to fire up the republican base says it all.She did and they will lose , again and again and again.

America has grown racially or its the fact that most white people are just embarrased that they are so outwarldy exposed (code word turned off) by the Republicans unabashed attack on the mans ethnicity.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

This election is nothing about racial demons, it is about a country facing possible financial disaster and looking for anything different. Even so Obama is still just one surprise from losing.

When you consider that Obama has run a near flawless campaign vs numerous mistakes from McCain, has twice the money as McCain, benefitted from a near collapse of the financial system 4 weeks before the election and McCain saying the economy is sound, what we should realise is that if a black person cannot win under those conditions then it may be 50 more years before another one gets a chance.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

But those are not high profile conservatives that really influence the base much.

Its hard to say there is a split when most polls still have +80% of Republicans supporting McCain/Palin.

Comment

You do realise that your argument supports my theory ?If this doesnt say its about race , I dont know what does.The fact that America see's through this is a testament to its growing maturity.Race will pay a factor in future races but not at this level of vile unabashed projection by the Republican party.

If McCain played his cards right selected a male or female V.P with some brains and covertly interjected race , swift boat style he would have a chance.This outward unabashed unashamed style cost him this election or shall I say Sarah Palin/Neo Conservatives did.Dont forget we have the civil war after the election and it will be about how to win back the hearts of America.I dont see the Republican party going down the old conservative road in that Neo suit in along time.

This race should not even be close .

When you consider that Obama has run a near flawless campaign vs numerous mistakes from McCain, has twice the money as McCain, benefitted from a near collapse of the financial system 4 weeks before the election and McCain saying the economy is sound, what we should realise is that if a black person cannot win under those conditions then it may be 50 more years before another one gets a chance.

Comment

Island I edited my reply read again.

Comment

Yuh blind .

Comment

u'll see.

Comment

o zhit, did you see the Brian Williams interview?

this is bigger than I thought Palin Vs McCain

Comment

I agree it should not even be close, and I think the only reason Obama has a decent chance to win is due to a lot of things going against the Republicans all at the same time.

That in itself doesn't mean much will change UNLESS Obama does win and proves to be the kind of president that changes the political landcape for a generation like FDR and Reagan did.

Unless that happens the Republicans will stick with thier ultra conservative approach until it stops working. Losing one badly run campaign when all the odds were against them won't be enough to change anything. They will write it off as an infrequent loss and move on.

Comment

I'll be here on election night to see you all sweating while waiting on the west coast votes to come in at 11:00 pm and still no projected winner!

I hope I am wrong though. I don't understand how Obama can raise so much money and draw those crowds and still be only 6-7 points up on average. Must be the same people donating under different names and travelling to the different rallys! LOL!

Comment

u do realise that even 5 is a 80 vote electoral advantage?

Comment

Working...
                              X