Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard and Poors has changed Jamaica's

rating from stable to negative.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

A failing grade for Minister Shaw & PM Bruce Golding?
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Historian...care to comment on S&P rating of Jamaica?

(A have a feelin' a lie dem a tell pan Jamaica )
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It is not necessarily a failing grade on them. It depends on whether or not S&P downgraded them for their actions or whether they were simply downgraded because the financial climate has changed significantly. Given the problems being seen in Iceland and Argentina ratings on low level emerging countries will most likely fall.

Comment

My mistake ... its not the rating, its the economic outlook.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

...yeah....rrright...!
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yeah right what?

If the global economic climate changes it is not a reflection on the current economic team if the country is downgraded.

Comment

I wonder how many countries have NOT been downgraded in today's economic climate.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Anybody take these clowns seriously anymore?

Nuh dem same ones cook the ratings for Bear Sterns, Lehmans, AIG and all the rest looking bailout now?

Steeeuuupppss.
                  Set of samfie artists.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    Anybody take these clowns seriously anymore?

Nuh dem same ones cook the ratings for Bear Sterns, Lehmans, AIG and all the rest looking bailout now?

Steeeuuupppss.
                    Set of samfie artists.
                    You might surprised! Anybody see KArl, Jawge, Don1, Balla etc?

Comment

Working...
                    X