I’ll volunteer to hang them - Church Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ll volunteer to hang them - Church Leader

A St. Catherine based church leader is agitating for the wheels of justice to move faster to ensure that hanging is resumed.

Citing the spiralling murder figures, Pastor Terrence Brown, a member of the Spanish Town Minister's Fraternal, says the country's legislators must act now to correct what he described as the tardiness in the justice system.

Pastor Brown said ways must be found to circumvent the Pratt and Morgan Ruling, which prevents the government from hanging persons who have been on death row for more than five years.

"I am sure that the Government, the lawyers, the judges can know of ways to circumvent the situation ... the weakness is the will to do it, so we need the will," he said.

According to Pastor Brown, if someone from the upper echelon of the country was murdered, then there would be howls for the reinstatement of capital punishment.

He also asserted that he was willing to help with capital punishment.

"I want to further say if the Government, if the Government does not have anybody to carry out the execution, I will volunteer to do it because something must be done," he said.

The church leader is insisting that this is not a cry of desperation.

"It's something I've thought out serious, considering also biblical facts," he said.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/12393/26/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The more these friggin idiots talk the more mi wonder why people pay dem every Sunday? How many of them are reaching out to the youngsters to help them? If a juvie nuh have nuh money fi guh a school how many of these so called leaders are there to help?

If a young teenage mother to be feel that she not in a position to take care of a child idiots like these are the ones shouting from the pulpit bout abortion rey .. rey .. now see it deh ....him willing fi hang people instead of being concerned about hang an innocent man. Sometimes dem must simply shut di fock up and gwaan collek dem money every Sunday ... then again, saying this may cause more people fi come 'pay' dem respect this Sunday.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X