Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisis team - world financial crisis will affect the Jamaica

Crisis team

Prime Minister Bruce Golding last night acknowledged that the world financial crisis will affect the Jamaican economy, saying that an immediate casualty will be the availability of foreign capital for budgetary financing.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Wonder why Brucie contradicts "man-a-Yaard"?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Wonder why Brucie contradicts "man-a-Yaard"?

Agree with him or not, Shaw's objective was to prevent any panic. If you had listened to the PM's presentation he kept saying that there is no need to panic.

Now, I can't wait to see the reaction on the JSE today.

Since week, everytime Bush, Paulson and Bernanke tried to reassure investors the opposite happens. Lets see the reaction today.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

For me, when a politician publicly says there is no need to panic, I wonder if there really is a need to panic.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          For me, when a politician publicly says there is no need to panic, I wonder if there really is a need to panic.
          ...or is it, you go into a panic...immediately?!

Comment

yuh woulda WONDER!??!! definite panic mode dat!

but if dem did seh PANIC....everybody woulda get calm and seh.."a wonda whey him mean..."

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X