Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra gives Merciless Rising Stars advice

(More like a bitchslap)

The 2008 Digicel Rising Stars season has just ended, but deejay Mad Cobra already has a candidate for the 2009 staging of the very popular talent competition.
    Deejay Merciless.
    Merciless, popular for Mavis and Ol Galis, among other 1990s songs, and who was involved in two memorable clashes at Sting, has recently returned to the music scene with lyrical battling on his mind. He has sent out the word to Bounty Killer and Cobra, among others, but Cobra is not impressed.
    "Merciless now, him come from wherever he was, a tell dis bag a lie, a do song 'bout tell Cobra him dey yah. Imagine, you off a de pace so long, so called sey yu res' so long an' you a come tell a man sey you deh ya? Yu fi tell some ooman sey yu deh ya!" Cobra told THE STAR in an extensive interview ahead of the launch of his Helter Skelter album this month.
    "A long time him no hear from snake, him a wonder if mi retire," Cobra said, partially quoting Merciless' song. "But me deh ya. Which part him did deh? Right ya now him not even a spin a car tyre!" Cobra said.
    No top contender
    He assesses that: "To me, him come back as an angry, sorry man. And the ting is now, me can more than answer. Naa answer him, because me no count Merciless as a top contender, as a man fe follow up. 'Cause if you follow up now, it come in like you a force water fe go over hill," Cobra said.
    Cobra does not encourage anyone to respond to Merciless.
    "I would advise some deejay, 'cause fe go kill Merciless right now, it is not a plus. Following up Merciless is not a plus. And if Killer follow him up, it is not a plus for Killer. Any deejay whose name Merciless call up right now, it is not a plus," Cobra said.
    And he has advice for the 'Warhead' too.
    "When him get hot him can look clash," Cobra said. "Right now him haffi start back from lif' soun' box. Him fe start back from being a box man. No disrespec' to the man who a lif' de box, y'nuh, but him fe start back from desso, till him start han' out promotional CD an dem likkle ting deh," Cobra advised.
    "As a matter of fact, him fe enter Rising Stars," he said.
    "As a matter of fact, him late for this year, too, so 2009 Rising Stars. Him reach the stage where him have to go back to Rising Stars before him can step to me. Him haffi win Rising Stars," Cobra concluded.
    When contacted Merciless simply said: "Cobra all right man. Him good." He asked THE STAR to call him back for further comments, as he had just got up. However, repeated attempts to contact with him later proved futile.

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/.../ent/ent1.html
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Only ting merciless had was one of the most classic lines ever:

I'm merciless because:mi lend out mi mercy and all now mi no get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
      Only ting merciless had was one of the most classic lines ever:

I'm merciless because:mi lend out mi mercy and all now mi no get it back.
      Oh yeah ... "Mi len out mi mercy mi nuh get it back yet!"

What I remember about Lenaaard is when he had a popular tune, I think the name was Mavis. There was a big stage show that he was to perform. Barry G introduced him and he ran out .....

"Gyal a fly all di way from Paris!" ...and seeing how the crowd was reacting positively he ran off the stage (wanting to brag that the crowd no stop call for him). Well, Barry G came out and introduced the next performer.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Merciless got deported so i guess that's why he's "back"

Comment

Working...
        X