I watched the debate on CNN last night. At the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the debate on CNN last night. At the

end of it, it was clear that if Barrack Obama was of a different color he would have won this election already. CNN was monitoring some voters last night and most of the high reaction (based on the lines) occurred when Obama was talking. After the debate Solidad (sp) asked if the elections were tonight (last night) who would vote for McCain and about 15 of the 25 raised their hands. Even Anderson Cooper said that was interesting.

I gave Obama the win for last night's debate as he took the time to make his policies very clear. The answer he gave for healthcare being a privilege, right or responsibility I had to give a standing ovation. All he has to do is stay on message at this point, but unless its his color, why is McCain even close at this point?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

And imagine those who raised thier hands are just the ones being truthful.

I hope Yuttie is right about no more Bradley effect or we may be in for a rude surprise on election day.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Islandman, yo nervous nuh rhatid, lol. yo ever hear bout reverse Bradley effect? whites who say they won't vote for a balck and end up voting for them. you notice behind the curtain they were willing to give applause but when the camera show them face, yo notice how them hesistant. also yo notice when them ask who mek up dem mind, di number further reduce?

then again your the same person that said Obama wouldn't win any southern states. your in FL, how does the atmosphere look?
      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Obama is leading by single digits in most polls in FL. But Palin apparently was drawing big crowds yesterday in Exile part of the state (Northern FL). Not a done deal by any means.

Oh well, I guess if I lose another 50% of my retirement savings that will guarantee an Obama victory. But then again the repugs saying that Obama and ACORN cause the housing crisis, so I guess if you want you can always find a reason not to vote for him.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

so you don't disagree with my theory(not actually mine) about reverse Bradley effect?

good thing majority of the population lives in the southern half of Florida.
          Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
          Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

skittish......islandman is one nerminous fella....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes I do disagree. I can't see that reverse Bradley effect happening on any scale wide enough to make the difference in any battleground state.

What I believe is that whatever the polls say going into election day will probably be 3-4% points better for Obama than the actual votes show. If he has a lead of about 5+% points on average nationally I will be somewhat comfortable, but less than that and I expect a long night.

Comment

well the effect of it will be to neutralise and therefore render ineffective the net effect of the bradley theory...

bredrin is suh yuh nervous 'bout EVERYTHING?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

i tend to think he's 6 points behind(nothing to do with the AP report just as a safety measure). but he's actually 2 points ahead of the polls in Ohio and Nevada. Islandman, as a student of politics u know that, he's only vulnerable in the the East with the bradley effect. people in the West, Midwest, and especially the south tend to be more honest. being that the NE compiles is safe state, i see no worry. people keep talking about Ohio and Texas, remember Hillary was boosted by a 10% Repub vote. In Indiana she got another 10%. white women, rev wright, and rendell helped her and she still barely won by 9 points. those are the ones that kept her alive. Relax, ok i'll come out and say it, mark my work Obama will WIn a landslide barring a picture of Farakhan (noticed Hannity asked).

Comment

Honestly I really don't consider it being nervous. More being somewhat depressed by the reality of the situation. Obama may very well win in the end , but it doesn't change the argument much unless he surprises me and wins big.

For a few months now I have come to the conclusion that Dems are at a distinct disadvantage in Presidential elections, and the more I study the political history the more I am convinced. Simply put, if everything goes right for the Dems and everything wrong for the repugs, they can win, but any other combination and they will likely lose. I think if Hillary was running she would probably be a little better off than Obama is today, but it still wouldn't be a blowout either.

The current president is probably the WORST president in the last century, one month before the election the US is experiencing the WORST financial disaster in almost 80 years! The governing parties candidate says the economy is not his thing, he just knows how to win wars (which one we still don't know) And now this morning instead of Obama opening up a lead in the tracking polls he is starting to drift back towards McCain?

I am 100% certain that if it was a Dem president leaving the White House today the Republican candidate whoever it was, would win 45+ states.

Comment

You saw that with Hannity too last night, asking the guy if Obama has ever met with Farrakhan? Sounds like a setup for something coming don't? Me never know you watch FOX, LOL!

Still, with Obama working on the South Side of Chicago with Rev Wright it should almost be expected that there is a picture with him and Farrakhan. The challenge is to be able to respond quickly or preempt its release especially if its a day or two before election.

Comment

in case you haven't noticed it yet...obama is prepared. he is focused and NOBODY has been able to rattle him...when he said...we won't throw the first punch but we will throw the last.....it is more than a threat it is a promise.

mccain had ample opportunity to go after obama but didn't because he couldn't..that could be another reason why he is coming off as an angry old man. the more "mavericky" him get, the cooler obama is....

Comment

before mi reply. Robert Gibbs a mi new favourite. it might shock you but I was and still amd a fan of Karl Rove. say what they may, Karl Rove get results. i keep telling you that though I'm socially liberal, I'm fiscally conservative. Like yoiu, i only support obama for is foreign policy not is economical philosphies but in these times I'm willing to try something new. i still think taxing companies will lead to job loss, cap and trade will lead to higher energy cost, and subsidised healthcare will lead to higher taxes. I also believe that taxing the rich is equivalent to punishing success. but again, lets see wo this plays out.

Bill Burton is the bac Tucker Bounds. Give me Gibbs anyday, yo notice se dem only put him pan conservative shows lately?
                          for anybody who missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2AaqcaMkU8

Comment

what!

yo nuh hear di man se "Dat One"! di man call di man a ni77a! MI STILL VEX all now star.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
                              ...she still barely won by 9 points.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X