• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First this:

Police suspect murder in elderly couple's death
    published: Monday | September 29, 2008

MAY PEN, CLARENDON:
    The Clarendon Police say they suspect foul play in the death of an elderly couple in the parish last Saturday night.
    Louis Bryant, 72, a retired farm manager of Sevens Estate in Clarendon and his 60-year-old-wife Carmen, a retired bank manager, were burnt to death in their two-storey home in Clarendon Park.
    The police said when they reached the house shortly after 1 a.m, it was in flames.
    The charred remains of the couple were later removed.
    "It is being treated as suspicious death," said superintendent Dayton Henry, the commanding officer for Clarendon.
    He said the couple may have been killed outside by their attackers, before being dragged inside and the house set on fire.
    Shocked community
    The incident has left the community in shock and anger.
    One family member said thieves often stole goats from the couple's farm. "Thieves always launched attacks on their farm and steal several of their goats and whenever they made reports to the police their cane field is set on fire," the relative said.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Then this, sent by email today:

Hi Mosiah,

I will be in Ja for a funeral. My Uncle and Aunt were killed at their home in Clarendon and they will be buried Sat Oct 11 at 9:00am. I will be coming in for a few days. Call me on my cell. (301)555-1284.

Just days before the murder, I visited a friend in the Sevens area. (His uncle had worked at Sevens Estate which I assume is near there.) A lonely stretch of road links the town of May Pen with this oasis of a residential neighbourhood, complete with some of the finest mansions in Jamaica. A lot can happen on that lonely stretch of road.

The road is one thing, but one can't even find safety and comfort in one's home.

I am angry!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Savages - people wuk hard & can't even live out

their remaining days in Peace!
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

The sad thing is the the scum-bags may not be found and face justice.

But welcome to the anger and-- yes bitterness that I have been feeling towards Jamaica for years.

BTW: It's not the country...it's the people!!

SIDEBAR:

When I read where Portia Simpson has consolidated a leadership role--and have included other senile dinosaurs (D.K. Duncan,... etc.) in leadership positions...there is no hope for this wonderful country.

Sorry:
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

You said "wonderful" country!

sigh

Yes, HL, I am angry as hell. I have known the victim's family for years, since 1970, when my parents moved back to Ziadie Gardens. Back then, as little boys, we could roam carelessly thru all sorts of gullies (original gully creepahs?) with slingshots, shooting after ground doves. I doubt if today's 10 year old knows what a slingshot is, but ask him about a Heckler & Koch and he can tell you the different versions.

Sometimes I wonder why I take the risk.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It continues to be a pity that law abiding people lack the means to defend themselves in Jamaica.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
            X