X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more campbell brown

By Campbell Brown
    CNN

Editor's note: Campbell Brown anchors CNN's "Campbell Brown: Election Center" at 8 p.m. ET Mondays through Fridays. She delivered this commentary during the "Cutting through the Bull" segment of Monday night's broadcast.
    Campbell Brown says whoever wins should enter the White House with his dignity intact.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- By now you've probably heard about how ugly things have gotten out there on the campaign trail in the last 48 hours.
    But we thought for just a moment we would take you back to kinder, gentler times.
    Remember this:
    Sen. John McCain: I pledge again a respectful campaign. A respectful campaign based on the issues and based on the stark differences we have on the vision for the future of America.
    Sen. Barack Obama: I said I was looking forward to a civil substantive debate on the issues and he agreed.
    McCain: I've pledged to conduct a respectful campaign and I urge, time after time, various entities within the Republican party to also do that.
    Obama: We don't need John McCain and I to be demonizing each other. You won't get that from my campaign.
    Oh how far we have come in such a short period of time.
    To say, as Gov. Sarah Palin is now doing, that Barack Obama pals around with terrorists is just outrageous.
    But Obama's hands aren't clean either. Here is what he said in May of this year about McCain's involvement in the Keating Five, a savings and loan scandal that happened in the late 80s. iReport.com: Your hopes for next debate
    Obama said, "I don't think there is any doubt that John McCain's public record about issues that he's apologized for and written about is not germane to the presidency."
    And yet this morning the Obama campaign released a mini-documentary, walking voters through all the details of the Keating Five -- making it very much germane.
    There is just one month left. Please, please don't let this devolve into a campaign you are sickened by and embarrassed to be part of.

Here is the new CNN Opinion Research Corp. When asked "How are things going in the country today?" 80 percent said badly. Eighty percent. Pollsters have been asking that question since 1974. Eighty percent is an all-time low. People want to hear solutions from you. They want to hear how you are going to get us out of this mess.

One of you will have to. Don't you want to be able to walk into the White House with your dignity intact and your head held high?
    The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the writer.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Opps .. thought you were talking about Veronica Campbell Brown.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      By Campbell Brown
      CNN

Editor's note: Campbell Brown anchors CNN's "Campbell Brown: Election Center" at 8 p.m. ET Mondays through Fridays. She delivered this commentary during the "Cutting through the Bull" segment of Monday night's broadcast.
      Campbell Brown says whoever wins should enter the White House with his dignity intact.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- By now you've probably heard about how ugly things have gotten out there on the campaign trail in the last 48 hours.
      But we thought for just a moment we would take you back to kinder, gentler times.
      Remember this:
      Sen. John McCain: I pledge again a respectful campaign. A respectful campaign based on the issues and based on the stark differences we have on the vision for the future of America.
      Sen. Barack Obama: I said I was looking forward to a civil substantive debate on the issues and he agreed.
      McCain: I've pledged to conduct a respectful campaign and I urge, time after time, various entities within the Republican party to also do that.
      Obama: We don't need John McCain and I to be demonizing each other. You won't get that from my campaign.
      Oh how far we have come in such a short period of time.
      To say, as Gov. Sarah Palin is now doing, that Barack Obama pals around with terrorists is just outrageous.
      But Obama's hands aren't clean either. Here is what he said in May of this year about McCain's involvement in the Keating Five, a savings and loan scandal that happened in the late 80s. iReport.com: Your hopes for next debate
      Obama said, "I don't think there is any doubt that John McCain's public record about issues that he's apologized for and written about is not germane to the presidency."
      And yet this morning the Obama campaign released a mini-documentary, walking voters through all the details of the Keating Five -- making it very much germane.
      There is just one month left. Please, please don't let this devolve into a campaign you are sickened by and embarrassed to be part of.

Here is the new CNN Opinion Research Corp. When asked "How are things going in the country today?" 80 percent said badly. Eighty percent. Pollsters have been asking that question since 1974. Eighty percent is an all-time low. People want to hear solutions from you. They want to hear how you are going to get us out of this mess.

One of you will have to. Don't you want to be able to walk into the White House with your dignity intact and your head held high?
      The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the writer.
      Obama: A new kind of politics!
      The country is sick and tired of the old type - (interchage with "style of politics" ) - of politics...and that is why I am running for President of the United States of America!
      (lean into mike - raise voice and make it passionate - point finger to the sky...then hammer the podium! - start mike lead of applause! ...make suitable stern serious commanding face and rock back and forth on heels!) Yes! Iyah! New politics! Change we can believe in! Change! Thunderous applause!
      Last edited by Karl; October 7, 2008, 11:39 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl yuh 2 funny

(lean into mike - raise voice and make it passionate - point finger to the sky...then hammer the podium! - start mike lead of applause! ...make suitable stern serious commanding face and rock back and forth on heels!) Yes! Iyah! New politics! Change we can believe in! Change! Thunderous applause!
        Too bad mi not believing any of what them seh, is sumpen wrang wid me If the positive change come my offspring will benefit, but otherwise mi just a keep mi head in the sand, and occasionally look up eena the sun
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
        X