Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama: Not The First Punch, But The Last

From NBC's Lauren Appelbaum
    During an interview on the Tom Joyner Morning Show, Obama responded to Palin's comments over the weekend, which linked the Illinois senator to 1960's radical William Ayres.

"Mr. Ayres is somebody who lives in Chicago," Obama told Roland Martin on the radio show. "And he engaged in these despicable acts 40 years ago when I was eight years old. I served on a board with him. And so now they are trying to use this as guilt by association."

Obama went on to say while he feels "the American people deserve better" and the candidates should instead be discussing the economy, he is not afraid to enter into a character debate with McCain.

"Mr. McCain's record, despite him calling himself a maverick, actually shows that he is continually somebody who relies on lobbyists for big oil and big corporations and that he makes decisions often times based on what these lobbyists tell him to do," Obama said. "And that, I think, is going to be a lot more relevant to the American people than what somebody who is tangentially related to me did when I was eight years old."
    The Illinois senator also insisted that he will not let attacks go unanswered. "One of the things that we've done through this campaign, we don't throw the first punch but we'll throw the last," he said.
    The Obama campaign is fighting back with a new website, which attacks McCain on his involvement with the Keating Five scandal.
    "If the American people don't get the information that's relevant about these candidates and instead in the last four weeks, all they are hearing about are smears and swiftboat tactics, that can have an impact on the election," Obama said. "We've seen it before."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

wi nuh start fight...wi finish dem!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Its a bit more than serving on a board with him though. The guy held fundraisers for Obama when he was running for office in Chicago.

Its not at the level of McCains involvement with Keating though. As one political website says, Obama/Ayers is guilt by association, McCain/Keating is guilt by involvement.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

How di Bounty tune guh? "IF a war unuh waan mek it start!" Saw a clip of Begala on youtube where he said after Clinton got out of the race, he wrote a check to the Obama campaign and in the memo he stated, "For Negative Ads Only!!"

Obama got my support on this one. Dem need fi guh after the halfwit Palin as well.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Here is the clip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A25zg...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Its a bit more than serving on a board with him though. The guy held fundraisers for Obama when he was running for office in Chicago.

Its not at the level of McCains involvement with Keating though. As one political website says, Obama/Ayers is guilt by association, McCain/Keating is guilt by involvement.
            What does this have to do with criminality?

Is Ayers a reformed character?

Comment

Not really reformed in my book. He says he is not sorry for the bombings and thinks they didn't do enough.

He and his wife only avoided jail time on technicalities due to improper surveillance.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

suh what about the faculty and staff at the university that Ayers lecture? Should their patriotism be questioned as well? What about the students who have passed through his courses?

Comment

Whe you decide to run for President of the US you have to expect that your past associations will be questioned.

You don't expect the same of a student attending classes at a University.

Comment

yuh still sound skittish!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Why you say that?

I am just making the point that it is not a totally made-up story about their having some kind of a political association. Wether it is considered close enough to change someones vote for president is another story.

Comment

suh yuh still skittish or not....? mek wi seckle dat once and for all.

Comment

If you asking if I expect the race to tighten again, I would say yes. I really believe that there are still many people who it would not take a lot of convincing to change thier minds about voting for Obama.

If what we already know about Ayers, Wright, Resko is all they have it probably won't be enough, but if they have soundbites or video clips that we don't know about yet, all bets are off.

Comment

Whe you decide to run for President of the US you have to expect that your past associations will be questioned.

You don't expect the same of a student attending classes at a University.
                            So .. a student that passed through his course will have such a problem if he decides to run for president?

I fully understand what you're saying I-man, but the reality is Obama was how much when those activities were taking place? Wait ...the man wasn't even convicted of anything, so ....

John McCain must be worried that this Keating 5 thing get public. Him shoulda keep Palin pon a leash.

Comment

i'm asking if you think obama will win!

Comment

Working...
                              X