X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding God and the Large Hadron Collider

Finding God and the Large Hadron Collider

Saturday, October 04, 2008

On Wednesday, September 10, the search for God began in earnest. On that day the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) - "the God machine" - was switched on. Religious people no longer question anything. They have reached their comfort level with God, the scientists have not. Blessed are those who ask questions, for theirs is the joy of discovery. It would be ironic if God were to be revealed to scientists in white lab coats rather than the men in fine raiment who speak on His behalf.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Is this the beginning of the end?

I have been fascinated by this particular venture...fascination tinged with awe & some anxiety...

mmmm????

...some trepidation?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yuh think yuh fraid...it is in my backyard!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Yuh think yuh fraid...it is in my backyard!!!!!
        Trus mi, I thought of you when I first heard about it last year. It is amazing that it was only last year I heard of it...and I am still amazed the media has not been giving this more airing? ...and nary a peep from governments????

Imagine fooling aorund with creating back holes here on earth? Even trying to do so near to our space ship, Earth is foolhardy. Why if they are so interested do they not send space crafts to study them and send back data before they are sucked in?

...once the black hole is created how do they plan to contain it? Damn... they have already said they do not have a clue on or about blackholes, excepting that they exist...so...????

Damn fools!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Trus mi, I thought of you when I first heard about it last year. It is amazing that it was only last year I heard of it...and I am still amazed the media has not been giving this more airing? ...and nary a peep from governments????

Imagine fooling aorund with creating back holes here on earth? Even trying to do so near to our space ship, Earth is foolhardy. Why if they are so interested do they not send space crafts to study them and send back data before they are sucked in?

...once the black hole is created how do they plan to contain it? Damn... they have already said they do not have a clue on or about blackholes, excepting that they exist...so...????

Damn fools!
          Well, it was similar with the Manhatten Project. They were not sure if the first Atomic explosion would not ignite and burn off earth's atmosphere, but they still took the chance.

Dem risky, eh?

People here were joking that the world may end when they switched on the LHC.

Well, Massa God nah sleep, so him blow up the machine and set them back 6 months.

The LHC operate near absolute ZERO, or 0 Kelvin, ie -273 celsius. This means that they have to wait a month for it to heat up to normal temp and weeks to freeze back up.

Comment

Working...
          X