Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaving michigan was another

impulsive and ill advised move...

IF the man who thinks that pulling troops out of iraq amounts to a surrender or a loss, what are voters to think of him basically conceding michigan?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Not the same thing Gamma. Many people upset Obama pull outa Georgia from about 3 week ago too.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Atlanta, Georgia

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Not the same thing Gamma. Many people upset Obama pull outa Georgia from about 3 week ago too.
      What, he left Georgia? Does that mean he has given up on Atlanta as well? How does it work in Geogia? Is the Atlanta area big enough to carry a electoral college vote or is it a winner take all 15?
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

All of the states are winner take all.

Georgia is very tough for the Dems to win. Old south.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

They say internal polls showing him down double digits, so he has to pick his poison.

Only something like Rezco or Ayers taking national prominence can save him now and it will swing all states anyway
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

same thing....bad move by obama....it's not as if he is cash starved!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It disappoint a few people who think that they have put a lot in the primary and made the difference but I guess Obama have to make decisions.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Maine

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                All of the states are winner take all.

Georgia is very tough for the Dems to win. Old south.
                Last week, the McCain campaign reacted to a polling downturn by shuttering its operation in the state of Michigan and redistributing staff to Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Maine, where electoral votes are distributed by congressional district. In a conference call last week, Mike DuHaime, the McCain campaign's political director, acknowledged that the national mood and Obama's deep pockets had put previously solid Republican states like Indiana in play.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

PA and WI are winner take all. I think the reporter meant Maine only but structured the sentence poorly.

Had me confused there for a minute until I did some research. Apparently there are 2 states that go by congressional district, Nebraska and Maine. Between them they are only 9 electoral votes though and both are considered safe states.

Comment

Working...
                  X