No announcement yet.

I turned it off ..Palin/Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islandman do you think the media is being generous to her ? saying that she held her own to me is disingenous .The media in my opinion fears the backlash of being accused of bias.You could count on your 3 fingers how many questions she answered.

The media uses a term folsky to describe her presentation? in other words its a joke, winking at the cameras etc.Boss its a code word for joke ...folksy ?

I made a statement a while back that she will step down from the V.P spot , she did not but we have conservative pundits asking for her to do the same for the sake of the Republican party.

One word Unprecedented !

Now I said she survived , the polls will indicate this in a week or two. It is over, its all about the economy.This same media will state the race set a pattern after the VP debates where the lead just kept on getting bigger and bigger .

Hypocrytes , I wll get back atcha
    Last edited by Sir X; October 3, 2008, 09:35 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

are you saying Palin more intelligent than Biden?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
        She did well in not answering the moderator's questions and Biden's response, she must be reading the ReggaeBoyzs site EEEhhh, LOL, what a Spinner, makes some people here looks like just a baby.

I am a Mother...my son is on his way to to Iraq..White flag of surrender...Obama is the cause of...My friends may not agree with me but...In Wallasu we...We should put...aside....put people back to work..Wall St are....
        She did say those things...but come oooooooooooon...she said a lot on matters of substance.

There is no need to attent College/University, if that is what is put out to lead a Country.
        This she certanly did not say...or give an impression that attending College/University was not a good thing. ...and why whould she attempt 'put the kiss of death' on attending College/University ...something she struggled to get the opportunity to enjoy?

Sarah Palin thought it so important that she subjected herself to beauty contests to raise money to be able to afford college/university.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Actually asking her to step down would not be unprecedented. In the 70s a Dem nominee for VP had to actually be replaced because it was discovered that he had a history of mental problems. Of course the Dems lost the election.

But that aside, the folksy thing was deliberate. You have to realise that this whole debate thing is largely an acting performance. She wants to give the impression to voters that she and her family are also so-called "Joe sixpack" types that the media and Obama with his small town America comments do not show respect.

We do agree that its all about the economy. I still would not say its all over though If the economy stays in the forefront of the news then Obama should win reasonably comfortably. If it settles down for a few weks and the 529s start thier culture war assault on Obama then it could get tricky again.

We will see.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I noticed that too Assasin, when Palin was dodging some of the questions and talking about something else there should have been some follow-up, and I suspect that could have really embarassed Palin because she did not know how to answer. I think Gwen didn't want to pressure her because of the cries of bias.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              She did say those things...but come oooooooooooon...she said a lot on matters of substance.

This she certanly did not say...or give an impression that attending College/University was not a good thing. ...and why whould she attempt 'put the kiss of death' on attending College/University ...something she struggled to get the opportunity to enjoy?

Sarah Palin thought it so important that she subjected herself to beauty contests to raise money to be able to afford college/university.
              That is my quote, I am saying to say, she is glossing over the topic no substance boss, I am surprised you fell for that but then again it's business as usual. One of her fans says oh, she is young and refreshing, can I take that to the bank. Save a room for me, when foreclousre hits me, as she offer nothing here, as a matter of fact, just help me with my passage to Jamaica, where I am used to third world politrics, and don't expect much better soon.

Comment

I always say Americans will vote against their best interest because they are racist, now we can add Dumb too.

Comment

Of course it was deliberate what else could she come with ?Surely not the facts .Its her strong point to play the idiot with a smile.

Its over and it wasnt not close last night , believe me when they do the revisionist history on McCain and what went wrong a Folsky V.P will play a big role in that assesment.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I think the media is playing it safe with Palin , just let he speak and let John public judge , compliment her folsky attitude.

The moderator was in a tight spot last night

Comment

I'm referring to the held her own part.
                      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

some of the time i get the feeling that she was saying words but did not know what it meant and that if there was a follow-up..YIKES!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

but that is the fact.

If you talk the truth you, me and all a we except Karl was looking for a catergory 5 like hurricane.

She held her own and her base don't have to cover their face.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            I noticed that too Assasin, when Palin was dodging some of the questions and talking about something else there should have been some follow-up, and I suspect that could have really embarassed Palin because she did not know how to answer. I think Gwen didn't want to pressure her because of the cries of bias.
                            You are right on dodging the question...but both candidates did some of that. Palin more than Biden. ...but surely it is a stretch to say you know that Palin would not have been able to formulkate an answer forced to directly address the question? On what basis do you arrive at forecasting (knowing?) that unknown?
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

One time long ago a fellow forumite (TK) said:

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"

Comment

Held her own , well yes if this is what you call holding your own, she did nothing for Mcain last night but increase his negative stats.Out of a possible 5 polling surveys one gave Palin the nod over Biden.

Who won the VP debate: Palin or Joe Biden?

Opinion was split over who won the vice-presidential debate between the Republican Sarah Palin and the Democrat Joe Biden, after neither managed to land a knock-out blow.

By Jon Swaine
                                Last Updated: 2:53PM BST 03 Oct 2008

An instant poll done by Fox News following the vicepresidential debate revalet 61 per cent support for Mr Biden and 39 per cent for Mrs Palin Photo: AP

Instant polls taken at the end of the event by television channels suggested that despite Mrs Palin managing a more measured performance than many had anticipated, voters were more impressed with Mr Biden.
                                A poll by CNN and Opinion Research found 51 per cent thought Mr Biden had performed best, with Mrs Palin taking 36 per cent of respondents.
                                A survey of uncommitted voters for CBS found the split even more pronounced, with Mr Biden on 46, Mrs Palin on 21 and a relatively high proportion stating that neither had impressed or that they could not decide.
                                When the uncommitted voters were pressed, 18 per cent said they would vote for Barack Obama and Mr Biden following the debate, with only 10 per cent ready to line up for John McCain and Sarah Palin.
                                Another instant poll done by Fox News, which did not allow for such fence-sitting, had the divide between the two candidates at 61 per cent for Mr Biden and 39 per cent for Mrs Palin.
                                However a focus group of independent voters gathered by the pollster Frank Luntz, whose analyses on BBC Newsnight have proved influential in British politics in recent years, called the debate in favour of Mrs Palin.
                                Among the group, half of whom voted for the Democrat John Kerry in 2004, an overwhelmingly majority raised their hands to signal Mrs Palin had won the debate when asked.
                                While about a dozen said that Mrs Palin had changed their minds and that they would now support Mr McCain, only one person in the group said he had changed his mind in support of Mr Obama.
                                Other websites ran less scientific measures of voter reaction. A poll by 3,887 readers of Forbes.com found that 73 per cent believed the debate had been won by Mr Obama, with just 23 per cent plumping for Mrs Palin.
                                However, a similarly rough survey of almost 300,000 readers of the Drudge Report website made the split 69 per cent to 29 per cent in favour of the Republican candidate.

Comment

Working...
                                X