Waiting on leadership from the JLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Sell cheaper loans helps anyway you take it as repaying them starts starts in a short time. Yes refinancing them would be great but it is good that we are actually thinking about cheaper sources. You think we were just going to go from 8 and 10 % loan to totally refinancing our loans in one year?

Some steps are been taken and it will be whether the JLP actually follow through and take advantage or squander it. First thing has to be shown is that they are financially responsible government. and where did I describe it as "Big hope" you are playing with words.
    This is your statement presumably describing the country's prospects for improved performance:

While there is no great achievement yet there is hope. One that we will actually have ethonal and hopefully made in Ja to reduce oil bill. Hopefully we will get cheaper loans

No one is saying those things are not positive. However to describe them as a hope for the country betrays a lack of understanding of what Jamaica needs to progress.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      But I see some people using the external factors as the reason why our economy continues to flounder. It's not!
      Whats our best FX earners? According to Real Business its remittances and tourism.

Remittances:- People in the country that many financial analyst saying may end up in a recession. Don't you think people are going to find it harder to send remittances back home? Now we heading into the cold time, people are going to have to pay more to heat their homes, you don't think thats going to impact remittances? People not eating out as much, workers at restaurants like Golden Krust may find it harder to send remittances as some may even be laid off.

Tourism:- We get about 70% - 80% of our tourists from where? Based on the economic turmoil in that country, how would it impact that sector?

I tell yuh all the while, when America cough, Jamaica vomit.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The signs, all the signs were dismal BEFORE the economic crisis. Do not use this as an excuse for poor performance. Yes, it will have an effect, a big effect, maybe, but it's not the reason why the economy is poor!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The signs, all the signs were dismal BEFORE the economic crisis. Do not use this as an excuse for poor performance. Yes, it will have an effect, a big effect, maybe, but it's not the reason why the economy is poor!
          Whey yuh live Mosiah? Before this crisis took the headlines ... what was causing concerns for the past year? Or yuh gonna cut out on this one?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

the problem with you is that it is your way or the high way. I said there is hope and nothing more.

Is there no hope?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Oh, so we must blame it on the last 18 years and just wait for some granite tablet to descend from the heavens to point us the way forward.

I see.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Oh, so we must blame it on the last 18 years and just wait for some granite tablet to descend from the heavens to point us the way forward.

I see.
                Last 18 years? Stop being defensive Mosiah. Fair target, but no not this time. Whey yuh live? Mars? Since last year wasn't there a global concern with oil going close to U$150 per barrell and the price of wheat skyrocketing? Or unuh still treat serious matters as a 9 day wonder?

Comment

Done wid dis, Lazie. I see it's going to get into a sound byte drama. Let's just hope the price of oil don't keep going down!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I see.
                    There is not much that the JLP can do to help the economy given the current global markets.

The major reason why the economy is in the state it is in now is because of the previous regime. The only thing they can really do now is implement programs better than the previous government, reduce fraud and try to cut expenses.

Comment

And have they given us a clue as to how they are going to get us out of the rut? I don't expect them to fix 18 years of rot overnight, but give mi a likkle clue, das all mi aks. I'm willing to give them some time on the economy because inertia is difficult to overcome, but the crime ting now - utterly and absolutely clueless!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        the problem with you is that it is your way or the high way. I said there is hope and nothing more.

Is there no hope?
                        Of course there is hope.

Just not hope based on ethanol or soft loans.... that's not hope.. that's fantasy.
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                          wherever the wind blows... so goes Wignall.

That's the man!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X