X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beenie Man cleared of tax evasion in Jamaica

Beenie Man cleared of tax evasion in Jamaica

Tue Sep 30, 11:26 PM ET

A Jamaican judge has cleared Grammy-winning musician Beenie Man of tax-evasion charges, saying the government never informed him of his legal rights.
    Jamaican authorities have said the singer and rapper owed nearly US$1 million in overdue taxes.
    But Judge Owen Parkin threw out the case Tuesday, ruling evidence showed the entertainer was not informed of his rights when auditors issued their assessment last year.
    The singer's real name is Anthony Moses Davis. The Kingston native has been one of the biggest names in dancehall music for a decade. In 2001, he won a Grammy for his album "Art and Life."
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Mi nuh understan - does Beenie owe the State taxes or not

how the judge mean he was not informed of his rights Him nuh know that he has a rightful duty to pay taxes?
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

I just hope I can use that one in my defence if di time come.

I can see Tesha Miller's lawyer using di same tactic!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That case couldn't work from the start.

They used gueswork to come up with a figure in the first place after taking a look at how many stage shows he has been at and then trying to put interest on it.
        Is shocking vibes was in charge of that part of the man thing and them and the ministry did done work out something before the change in govt.

Comment

A suh di Government need money dat dem resort to extorting National Heroes?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
            A suh di Government need money dat dem resort to extorting National Heroes?
            Get the fornication outah here .... bout National Hero. I see yuh getting Americanized BT .... love fling round hero status.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
            X