X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corruption abounds!

What's in the name Marubeni?

Wednesday, October 01, 2008
    The name Marubeni features prominently in university case studies on corporate governance and ethics. Founded in 1858 by a peddler of linen and drapery, the venerable company has grown over the intervening years to become Japan's fifth largest trading company.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Would it be a stretch to think that there may be something here for the Contractor-General Christie to investigate?

Corruption knows no boundaries of P (PNP, JLP or No P)!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Rein in the JPSCo

Rein in the JPSCo

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We seem to be very slow indeed in understanding the predatory tendencies of monopolies. For years, the Jamaica Public Service Company which generates electricity for the nation, has been given an almost God-like control over the country.

Complete Story ...

Comment

I agree with you, Karl. I see some forumites saying corruption in the then opposition JLP would have been minimal compared to what the PNP was doing. Perhaps, but that's simply because they were unable to do more, being the opposition. Even regular citizens like myself are accused of being corrupt if I ever paid a cop to get off a traffic ticket, or begged a favour from another public servant. We are rightly cussed off when that happens, yet we don't believe the JLP engaged in corrupt acts while in opposition.

Please!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl, under the rule of the PNP, corruption became our middle name. I have yet to see bold steps to reduce corruption under the JLP administration.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            Karl, under the rule of the PNP, corruption became our middle name. I have yet to see bold steps to reduce corruption under the JLP administration.
            Hortical: As I said then...I repeat now - before the PNP ...then under the PNP ...now under the JLP CORRUPTION ABOUNDS! The corruption, regardless of which party is in power occurs because of persons who shout out "mi a labour" and "mi a comrade" work together to "eat a food"! Again, corruption has no boundaries when it comes to any P...JLP, PNP or 'no P'! It is Jamaicans, matters not political affiliation, who engage in that 'corruption that abounds'!

Comment

It is not that there is more in the JLP but when you are in power it is your duty to do something and the PNP did nothing. If t he JLP don't take the mantle then they should also be pressured. It is not that there is no corruption, it is what is the current leadership is doing. You can't escape it by saying the opposition is also corrupt.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

it escalated under the pnpthere is no doubt about that, would it have happened if the jlp was in power? POSSIBLY, but FACTUALLY it happened under the pnp's watch....what is so difficult to undersatnd in that?

i mean the man who had to resign because of the shell waiver scandal became pm for crying out loud!! he did say "i shall return" and that he did.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Non argument!

Comment

Of course.

Anyone guilty...lock dem up.

Wi nuh powda.

Comment

Deflection nah work.

PNP was to blame and now the JLP is in power...wi ah watch dem.

If they dont improve what they get, cussing fi dem too.

Wi nuh bend to cater.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        Deflection nah work.

PNP was to blame and now the JLP is in power...wi ah watch dem.

If they dont improve what they get, cussing fi dem too.

Wi nuh bend to cater.
                        True, but when it comes to poppyshows like Karl nobody can take him serious. What corrupt act did the present gov't exhibit with JPS? LAst week after the Minister told Parliament JPS owed Petrojam billions (bout 6 billion), the JPS claimed he had misled Parliament ... and there were those who were ready to believe the JPS ... only for them to extend an apology to the Minister.

I've said it time and again, some people nuh have the balls fi scold the PNP suh dem affi find a way fi sugarcoat it.

Stay deh follow Karl .. yuh nuh see him out of touch?
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                        X