Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are these PNP delegates?

Who are these PNP delegates?

The delegates have spoken and Portia Simpson Miller has been re-elected president of the PNP.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post

The delegates have spoken and Portia Simpson Miller has been re-elected president of the PNP.
    Who cares? The whole lot of them are a bunch of losers anyway!!

Let me say this, though: As a young boy growing up, I had optimistic feelings about Jamaica's future! Never once -- not even for a single minute -- did I believe that this country which I love so dearly would reach this level where poverty, corruption and incompetence have become so deeply entrenched!

But, being the silly optimist, I still refuse to believe that this land of 2.7 million citizens cannot find an intelligent, articulate, visionary leader after 46 years of independence! This is why I will never change my view that Jamaica needs several amendments to its Constitution! While what we have was seemingly workable in 1962 when the Constitution came into effect, the ugly reality is that today, after years of economic hardship and political mismanagement and cronyism, many of our best and brightest have migrated to greener pastures, and one cannot blame them for doing so!

We need to get back some of these bright minds to save the sinking ship that's Jamaica!

Comment

Ask da breddah yah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1YxNWo4jwU

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        But, being the silly optimist, I still refuse to believe that this land of 2.7 million citizens cannot find an intelligent, articulate, visionary leader after 46 years of independence!
        One?
        Not the answer!
        Tremendous number set at all levels of the society!

We need to get back some of these bright minds to save the sinking ship that's Jamaica!
        We need to produce more bright minds with the WILL to make things good ---> better ----> constantly improving in all areas!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
          Wait .. basically what he is saying democracy without education is useless. Been saying that from when.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Tuff fi lose!
            Mi overstan ow di bredda feel!

Comment

We need to produce more bright minds with the WILL to make things good ---> better ----> constantly improving in all areas!
              Won't necessarily help by itself, Karl, as these new bright minds which we will have produced will eventually simply buy a one-way plane ticket for other countries ("greener pastures")!

It is a vicious cycle that won't end until the socio-economic and political environment inside Jamaica improves. Until that happens, our graduates will continue doing what their predecessors did, that is, start rosy careers in North America, in Europe, or in the economically better-off Caribbean countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                Won't necessarily help by itself, Karl, as these new bright minds which we will have produced will eventually simply buy a one-way plane ticket for other countries ("greener pastures")!

It is a vicious cycle that won't end until the socio-economic and political environment inside Jamaica improves. Until that happens, our graduates will continue doing what their predecessors did, that is, start rosy careers in North America, in Europe, or in the economically better-off Caribbean countries.
                A 'ear yuh, boss!
                (wry smile!)
                ...and (talking to self) - Which comes first production of large numbers of "brilliant minds" such that enough shall remain on the island and or provide from wherever they reside the needed "brain power"...or that "improved socio-economic and political environment"?

...or is it that there should be a lock step of production of the "brilliant minds" and the "improved socio-economic and political environment"?

Comment

That person who was intervied, realy touch alot of bases, dem better take warning on his last statement.

Comment

I feel your pain...but could you have missed this?

Of miscalculations, misinformation and misogyny

Monday, September 29, 2008
                    Political miscalcu-lations occur when aspirants for political offices forget that in politics sometimes the smoke is greater than the fire. Accordingly, they should embrace encouragement to run for office with some scepticism and carry out independent non-linear assessments of the opportunities and potential risks prior to making a decision, because motivation can either be a function of folly or prudence.

Complete Story ...

Comment

My pain?

Mi look like delegate to you? LoL

Yes, I saw the Burns article and I agree with some points and disagree with others.

We long ago agreed here that she did do some things right in her 18 months. So he is preaching to the choir.

Comment

"his argument ignored the fact that delegates are highly sophisticated and rational thinkers who may have made their choices based on intelligent assessments"

Now thats a joke.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                        X