Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US financial crisis could hurt Jamaica

US financial crisis could hurt Jamaica

JAMAICA IS taking a wait-and-see approach to the current financial crisis now affecting the economy of the United States.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I did not read the article, but a crash of the US economy would affect just about every economy the world over. The US has the largest economy in the world, so it stands to reason that the global economy would be affected.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

"Could"? Did the clown who writes headlines for the Sunday Gleaner actually used the word "Could"? I sometimes wonder if some of these guys aren't smoking something illegal while on the job!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        I did not read the article, but a crash of the US economy would affect just about every economy the world over. The US has the largest economy in the world, so it stands to reason that the global economy would be affected.
        Duh!!!

What an inane article.

Why do we even bother to respond Tilla?

Comment

One irony is that there are folks here -- who would like to see the US in financial crisis......

Anyway...Tilla, seems you are a gym man. yes?
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
            Anyway...Tilla, seems you are a gym man. yes?
            Yes sir, I try to get in and get my work out regularly. I have a bit of discipline problem however. I will from time to time find every reason to skip going. I am working on that however. . .
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

like we can live on banana and casava alone. Ja can't even feed itself for a day.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not even me could make a stupid statment as "US financial crisis could hurt Jamaica" Tell him to get a job. Please don't make post as these, damn, you are setting up yourself to ragging.

Tell the damn idiot that since 707 came in, that was the begining of middle class Americans vacation in Jamaica. With high airfares, notherners may not even be able to afford Florida.

Comment

Yeah. i know exactly what you mean.

Discipline the mind...and the body will follow.

Ever notice how after you decide to go--and when you are done, how good you feel?

Don't stop Tilla!
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                  X