Karl McCain and the economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl McCain and the economy

Karl how are McCain and the republican strategy going to help your wealth?
    What the current Admin did is what they did in 1929 that crashed the economy then and now.
    Give businesses a free run without regulation. The last straw was in 2005 when they gave no money down mortgages and fed into the greed of these banks.
    How long can we continue to give broad base tax cuts and it doesn’t affect our standard of living, run huge deficits.
    I see you are one who believes deficits don’t matter. The fact is if the government had a surplus right now the bailout wouldn’t be so bad for the country.

Wouldn’t it be better if we had healthcare for everyone rather than these broad base checks coming to you in the mail and tax cut? If we have free healthcare companies would have to worry about one of the biggest cost on their books. They would actually be better able to compete against other countries that all have free healthcare like China, Japan and the European countries. If Bruce Golding can do it surely the greatest nation in the world should be able to.

In the Clinton’s years we had higher taxes but the middle class was having increased wages so they were much better off than under Bush who cut taxes but despite this the middle class wages fell, the dollar dropped like a ball to make things more expensive and a soaring deficit. Can we continue the policy of selling US debts around the world?
    Yes in the short run and on paper McCain strategy seems good but if you think about it, it is more of the same and without the proper regulations in place we will revisit another bailout in 4 years time.

While Obama is also a politician and is selling some things he won’t be able to achieve having better regulation of the financial system and moderating it will only help us in the long run. The republicans have had their time and we have seen the results, it is boom and bust and take out the bottom until the big man is in need. Up until last week the fundamentals was strong. Obama missed that opportunity in the debate, repeating that at least 2 or 3 times.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Karl how are McCain and the republican strategy going to help your wealth?
    What the current Admin did is what they did in 1929 that crashed the economy then and now.
    Give businesses a free run without regulation. The last straw was in 2005 when they gave no money down mortgages and fed into the greed of these banks.

Were no money down mortages introduced for the first time in 2005 or they just became more prevalent?

How long can we continue to give broad base tax cuts and it doesn’t affect our standard of living, run huge deficits.

You give tax cuts when you can sensibly do so. Not cut the taxes on the books willy-nilly. There is also the matter of cutting some taxes to aid some section of the society and recouping the tax elsewhere.

If McCain suggests tax cut without some logical explanation then clearly that is not something I would support.

I see you are one who believes deficits don’t matter.

You see no such thing!

The fact is if the government had a surplus right now the bailout wouldn’t be so bad for the country.

So you know the composition of the bill on the bail out?
    I don't, so why do you not give us a peek?!

Wouldn’t it be better if we had healthcare for everyone rather than these broad base checks coming to you in the mail and tax cut? If we have free healthcare companies would have to worry about one of the biggest cost on their books. They would actually be better able to compete against other countries that all have free healthcare like China, Japan and the European countries. If Bruce Golding can do it surely the greatest nation in the world should be able to.

I am all for Universal Health Care! ...as to whether or not that by itself would enable us to compete with India, China...and such...I am damn sure it would not!

In the Clinton’s years we had higher taxes

Really now?

...but the middle class was having increased wages so they were much better off than under Bush who cut taxes but despite this the middle class wages fell, the dollar dropped like a ball to make things more expensive and a soaring deficit.

I agree we were better off!

Can we continue the policy of selling US debts around the world?

Yes! ...and there will always be buyers of US debt if our economy remains one of the strongest in the world.

Yes in the short run and on paper McCain strategy seems good but if you think about it, it is more of the same and without the proper regulations in place we will revisit another bailout in 4 years time.

Man being man there shall always be excesses and ways found to 'game the system' within context of 'the written regulations'....so there shall always be recessions and need to shore up systems.

While Obama is also a politician and is selling some things he won’t be able to achieve having better regulation of the financial system and moderating it will only help us in the long run.

I think you meant Obama will be able to put in place some new regulations? So will McCain...and any other person who becomes President. It is the nature of the beast - regulations have to be framed to deal with 'instant time' i.e. new challenges as they occur.

The republicans have had their time and we have seen the results, it is boom and bust and take out the bottom until the big man is in need. Up until last week the fundamentals was strong. Obama missed that opportunity in the debate, repeating that at least 2 or 3 times.
    "Boom and Bust" - A fact of life in this world of ours. The only thing that has changed...is a growing realisation that we (the world is...) are moving so fast that "Booms and Busts" will most likely occur in more swiftly recurring cycles.

The fundaments are still strong! Do some research and even you will see some good things are happening even as this discussion on a "bail-out" continues.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, are you talking about the same McCain who was among the strong deregulators and who said, just two Mondays ago, that the economy was fundamentally sound?
      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
        Karl, are you talking about the same McCain who was among the strong deregulators and who said, just two Mondays ago, that the economy was fundamentally sound?
        Same one who is still a deregulator first! ...and is being dragged "kicking and screaming" to do this deal!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...-not-comm.html

Yuh ear di man - Mi nuh like dis! Mi waan dis? ...an mi waan dat? ...an waan...? ...or mi nah sign-off pan hit!
        Last edited by Karl; September 28, 2008, 05:21 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl did Bush give tax cut when we could afford it?
          The policies of the republicans speak for itself. The deficit ballooned under Reagon, Bush first and second and McCain will be no different and if that is the policy you are talking about then you support huge deficits.

You support universal healthcare? What is McCain position on it? He doesn't believe in it. Karl it not just a matter of regulations, the republicans believe the market should regulate itself and that is what McCain has done all his career.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X