• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dynamism of the Jamaican people

The dynamism of the Jamaican people
    LOUIS MOYSTON
    Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bolt to di worl'
    Your article, "Bolt to di worl'!" on September 9 couldn't have found a better expression to reflect the profound euphoria generated by Jamaicans in Beijing, the phenomenal performance of Usain "Thunder" Bolt and of course the colourful expressions of some of those Jamaicans who went out to greet the "warrior" on his return home. As I watched our athletes in Beijing advancing fierce performances, I recalled the World Junior Championships 2002 in Kingston: there was a theme of "One love: a high spirit. at World Junior Championships" (Observer, August 3, 2002); the Bolt factor ignited an "urgent lifting of the spirits" of the Jamaican people. This was evident after his victory at the 2002 World Juniors and highlighted in the voices of those who went to the airport to receive this extraordinary human being.

On his arrival in Kingston, Usain Bolt shared an important lesson - that lesson of hard work to achieve the goal (and the gold), and the even harder work to stay on top. It is interesting and instructive to understand the "philosophy" behind our extraordinary performance at world-level track and field, and the prospect to apply such thinking to the other areas of life in Jamaica. athletes over the years have been a great motivating force to successive young Jamaicans.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

"Thunder?"... i thought it was lightning....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

A "thunder bolt" is lightning btw check out the fifth reference by Wikipedia for lightning bolt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_Bolt
      Peter R

Comment

Working...
      X