No announcement yet.

karl, who do you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your either a liar and just straight ignorant.

Obama offer zero taxes for the first five years for small business.
    Obama may break bent economy

By Dick Morris and Eileen McGann
    Whatever is left of the economy after the current round of crisis interventions by the Fed could go down the drain if Barack Obama is elected and carries out his plans for sharp increases in taxation. Even if Obama does not understand the linkage, most Americans do and will turn sharply against Obama’s tax plans if John McCain hammers away at the risk they pose for us all.

During the Great Depression, Congress raised taxes sharply in the Revenue Act of 1932. The top rate went from 25 percent to 63 percent. As a result, the real Gross Domestic Product dropped by 13.3 percent and unemployment rose from 15.9 percent to 23.6 percent.

In 1990, the first President Bush famously broke his “read my lips, no new taxes” pledge of 1988 and raised the federal gasoline tax and federal excise taxes, and imposed a 10-percent surtax on the top income bracket, raising its taxes to 31 percent. The recession that followed in 1991-1992 cost him re-election.

It is obvious that increasing capital gains taxes by a minimum of one-third and possibly doubling them, both of which Obama has proposed, would send a signal to investors to keep their money under the mattress. Who would buy stock knowing that the tax on any profits he or she will make is going to go up sharply if Obama becomes president?

Look at what happened just last year in Michigan. Democratic Gov. Jennifer Granholm raised taxes on almost everything. Income taxes shot up 11.5 percent, and the state’s 6 percent sales tax was expanded to dozens of new services, like investment advice, janitorial services, landscaping, ski lifts and carpet cleaning.

The $1.75 billion tax package shook the economy to its foundations. Michigan became the only one of the 50 states with a shrinking gross domestic product. The value of all goods and services produced in the state fell by 0.5 percent, while the national GDP rose by 3.4 percent. The state fell from 23rd in GDP to 35th. Taxes caused a disaster.

In a strong economy, Obama’s proposed tax increases would raise questions. In a weak economy, they portend a catastrophe. It would be like bleeding a sick patient, the medicine of 200 years ago, depriving him of blood even as he needs more, not less, circulating through his arteries.
    McCain’s populist rhetoric, including his pledge to fire Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Christopher Cox is important for a Republican candidate. But his focus should shift to the tax issue. With firms suffering, withering and dying for a lack of capital, tax increases on those who invest would be a horrible mistake.

Americans will realize this obvious fact, and McCain should use it to gain the advantage in discussing the economy.
    There is no reason for the economy to work to Obama’s advantage when he is committed to a doctrinaire program of tax increases and spending hikes. McCain can use the issue to run rings around him.

Political consultant Dick Morris and Eileen McGann arfe syndicated columnists
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
      the man BITTAH than 10 HLs mix wid a grain a Lazie.
      Sorry about your "liar" posts above...I was trying to answer each "lie" one at a time when I inadvertently posted in your original post and thus deleted that original post. Kindly restate the so-called "lies" and I shall take greater care when replying.
      Thank you!
      ...again, I am so sorry I inadvertently deleted your post.
      Last edited by Karl; September 27, 2008, 04:27 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        Long time mi know say yuh judgement suspect when it comes to politics. We currently spending about 10b per month for the Iraq occupation, I'm yet to hear how much is being spent in Afghanistan. Add to that the current deficit. How the HELL is these are going to be addressed without some additional taxes?

I cannot understand how anyone, excepting a die hard GOP would be willing to take a chance with McCain who supported Bush in taking the country into this position. Then again .. a you name KArl.
        Well you seem to have forgotten that I explained this during the earlier debates Obama had with Mrs. Clinton - I said, the president of the US put evidence before the House and it convinced members of the House to support the war...outsiders like myself and others including Obama had a gut feeling it was not worth invading Iraq. We never were privy to the security briefings and thus made our decision based on an exclusion of those briefings. Incomplete info!

Similarly Obama made his decision on incomplete information -gut decision! That our gut decision was correct is...? Now you draw your own conclusions?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
          with surrogates like you who needs Tucker Bounds?

what's the point of the post? that after Mccain and Obtain put out a joint statement( that was recommended by Oklohoma RED Sen. Cobourn) agreeing to the principles Mccain then rejected it, and then outlined his prin ciples that were the same as the one that was in the joint statement?

it just makes the man look confused and indecisive as your reckless post.

yo remind me of Lynn Rothchild? the only thing u haven't occused Barack of is putting the first alligator in NYC sewers.
          It would not be the first time Obama has stole positions on 'issues' from those who debated him.

He did it with Clinton i) on immigration; ii) the matter of a president having direct talks with rouge leaders...claimed he never said he would meet...changed to not without conditions but to with preparations; iii) ...and perhaps the biggest of all - claiming he wqas the first to come up with a Universal Health Care position...even as he was confronted with the fact of Hillary coming up with it and failing to get Republican support on it in the early '90s!

-----------

McCain on the bailout

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...n09208.article

Comment

more than gut decision boss......didn't anyone learn anything from vietnam? oh i forget, mccain was indisposed for a large part of the war suh him neva know what a clock a strike.....

one of the lessons from vietnam is it nuh easy fi wage war on anedda man turf especially when yuh cannot tell yuh fren fram yuh enemy......because that frig up yuh exit strategy.....ef a layman coulda si dat....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X