Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karl, who do you

WANT to win the presidential election?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Answered you on this before. Anyway here is my repeat - Obama as a fellow black. McCain as it would be best for my economic well being. Conflicted!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

so why were you cheering for Hillary? you do know all her economical and policy advisors now work for Barack?

I have no problem if you prefer McCain but cut the facade.
      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

just pretend nuhbaddy else naw read and come clean.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the SKIRT yuh nuh hear?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Answered you on this before. Anyway here is my repeat - Obama as a fellow black. McCain as it would be best for my economic well being. Conflicted!
            Best for your economic well being how?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I think McCain's tax breaks for businesses will enable greater expansion of all businesses. I think Obamam's increased taxing of businesses...any businesses - large or small - will mean increased costs passed on to the consumer. It is fact that all costs invloved in operation of businesses are included in end product. Zero in on Obama's intended tax on the oil companies and the fact that fuel cost will rise on the back of that 'Obama tax' then costs to consumers of any and all products and services with a fuel component shall increase - production of food and farm produce, transportation, electricity, operation of factories and other businesses etc.

That will, I think, in the present climate translate into a further slowing down of the economy. ...Obama has also promised to deliver tremendous increased social spending...that has the spector of rapid increasing rates of inflation.

I am involved in businesses connected with the housing market...I think Obama's plans will make for a slower rebound of that market.

McCain on the other hand is as one with Obama on investments in energy sector...but departs from Obama on size of social spending and encourages extending trade markets...Obama says he shall renegotiate and thus stiffle..or make more difficult continued rapid expansion of trade...

On the sub-prime market and the matter of soaking up excess inventory in the housing market Obama is for the 700 billion bail out without McCain's requested responsibility package (guarantee repayment of the loan) by the investment companies...which would mean greater effort at freeing up mortgage credit...greater effort to make money to service debt...greater activity in my market.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

your either a liar and just straight ignorant.

Obama offer zero taxes for the first five years for small business.
                Obama may break bent economy

By Dick Morris and Eileen McGann
                Whatever is left of the economy after the current round of crisis interventions by the Fed could go down the drain if Barack Obama is elected and carries out his plans for sharp increases in taxation. Even if Obama does not understand the linkage, most Americans do and will turn sharply against Obama’s tax plans if John McCain hammers away at the risk they pose for us all.

During the Great Depression, Congress raised taxes sharply in the Revenue Act of 1932. The top rate went from 25 percent to 63 percent. As a result, the real Gross Domestic Product dropped by 13.3 percent and unemployment rose from 15.9 percent to 23.6 percent.

In 1990, the first President Bush famously broke his “read my lips, no new taxes” pledge of 1988 and raised the federal gasoline tax and federal excise taxes, and imposed a 10-percent surtax on the top income bracket, raising its taxes to 31 percent. The recession that followed in 1991-1992 cost him re-election.

It is obvious that increasing capital gains taxes by a minimum of one-third and possibly doubling them, both of which Obama has proposed, would send a signal to investors to keep their money under the mattress. Who would buy stock knowing that the tax on any profits he or she will make is going to go up sharply if Obama becomes president?

Look at what happened just last year in Michigan. Democratic Gov. Jennifer Granholm raised taxes on almost everything. Income taxes shot up 11.5 percent, and the state’s 6 percent sales tax was expanded to dozens of new services, like investment advice, janitorial services, landscaping, ski lifts and carpet cleaning.

The $1.75 billion tax package shook the economy to its foundations. Michigan became the only one of the 50 states with a shrinking gross domestic product. The value of all goods and services produced in the state fell by 0.5 percent, while the national GDP rose by 3.4 percent. The state fell from 23rd in GDP to 35th. Taxes caused a disaster.

In a strong economy, Obama’s proposed tax increases would raise questions. In a weak economy, they portend a catastrophe. It would be like bleeding a sick patient, the medicine of 200 years ago, depriving him of blood even as he needs more, not less, circulating through his arteries.
                McCain’s populist rhetoric, including his pledge to fire Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Christopher Cox is important for a Republican candidate. But his focus should shift to the tax issue. With firms suffering, withering and dying for a lack of capital, tax increases on those who invest would be a horrible mistake.

Americans will realize this obvious fact, and McCain should use it to gain the advantage in discussing the economy.
                There is no reason for the economy to work to Obama’s advantage when he is committed to a doctrinaire program of tax increases and spending hikes. McCain can use the issue to run rings around him.

Political consultant Dick Morris and Eileen McGann arfe syndicated columnists

-----------------

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03312008...ike_104321.htm
                Last edited by Karl; September 27, 2008, 05:12 PM.
                Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

karl, you are full of it... DO NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA because he is BLACK... that is the ultimate DISRESPECT coming from an intelligent person...

if you think mccain is better for your economic well being, that is who you should be voting for... i would bring to your attention that its more than the economy that is at stake... however, i would recommend you get the facts on obama straight...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
                    why bother scrutinize your post. again i could care less who you vote for, my question is, if your against all these things, why were you supporting Hillary to begin with?
                    yuttie, excellent... just leave karl alone... he is so out of touch, its scary...

Comment

the man BITTAH than 10 HLs mix wid a grain a Lazie.

Comment

I think McCain's tax breaks for businesses will enable greater expansion of all businesses. I think Obamam's increased taxing of businesses...any businesses - large or small - will mean increased costs passed on to the consumer. It is fact that all costs invloved in operation of businesses are included in end product. Zero in on Obama's intended tax on the oil companies and the fact that fuel cost will rise on the back of that 'Obama tax' then costs to consumers of any and all products and services with a fuel component shall increase - production of food and farm produce, transportation, electricity, operation of factories and other businesses etc.

That will, I think, in the present climate translate into a further slowing down of the economy. ...Obama has also promised to deliver tremendous increased social spending...that has the spector of rapid increasing rates of inflation.

I am involved in businesses connected with the housing market...I think Obama's plans will make for a slower rebound of that market.

McCain on the other hand is as one with Obama on investments in energy sector...but departs from Obama on size of social spending and encourages extending trade markets...Obama says he shall renegotiate and thus stiffle..or make more difficult continued rapid expansion of trade...

On the sub-prime market and the matter of soaking up excess inventory in the housing market Obama is for the 700 billion bail out without McCain's requested responsibility package (guarantee repayment of the loan) by the investment companies...which would mean greater effort at freeing up mortgage credit...greater effort to make money to service debt...greater activity in my market.
                        Long time mi know say yuh judgement suspect when it comes to politics. We currently spending about 10b per month for the Iraq occupation, I'm yet to hear how much is being spent in Afghanistan. Add to that the current deficit. How the HELL is these are going to be addressed without some additional taxes?

I cannot understand how anyone, excepting a die hard GOP would be willing to take a chance with McCain who supported Bush in taking the country into this position. Then again .. a you name KArl.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

tek time yuttie...
                          yuh right though...

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
                            your either a liar and just straight ignorant.

the "Maverick Plan" has not been endorsed by Mccain and further more Obama is the one that floated that plan in the meeting.

WASHINGTON — A deal in principle for a $700-billion bailout of U.S. financial markets ran into trouble tonight after House Republicans objected to the plan and said they hadn’t been included in negotiations.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson went to Capitol Hill to try to revive or rework the proposal, but talks broke off without agreement and were to continue Friday morning.
                            The stresses of politics and finance came to a head during a meeting convened by President George W. Bush with congressional leaders and presidential candidates John McCain and Barack Obama. Democrats said House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, criticized the deal struck earlier today without offering specifics for how to improve it.

A Boehner spokesman said he wasn’t at the meeting and couldn’t discuss the minority leader’s criticisms.

Boehner had asked a group of Republican House members to draft the outline of an alternative plan, one that would sell insurance on troubled mortgage-backed loans rather than spend $700 billion on buying troubled debt, as Paulson has proposed.

A spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said the speaker urged Bush at the meeting to get House Republicans behind his plan. A key Senate Republican, Richard Shelby of Alabama, also remained opposed.
                            “That agreement is obviously no agreement,” Shelby said after the White House conference.

The squabbling halted whatever momentum the bailout plan had generated today — it lifted U.S. stock markets — and threw Friday night’s scheduled presidential debate into doubt. McCain, in suspending his campaign Wednesday, had called on the debate to be postponed.

The McCain and Obama campaigns released a joint statement Wednesday addressing the crisis, but McCain rejected a call from Obama to support the principles that lawmakers eventually agreed to today.

In a speech before today’s White House meeting, McCain agreed the plan should include oversight, some way for the government to recoup money and limits on executive pay.

“I am confident that before the markets open on Monday we can achieve consensus on legislation that will stabilize our financial markets, protect taxpayers and homeowners and earn the confidence of the American people,” McCain said.

Lawmakers earlier had said the deal would include four important changes from the proposal the Bush administration sent Congress last weekend. It would mandate help for some homeowners facing foreclosure, give the treasury power to take stakes in financial firms, set up tougher oversight of the process and put limits on executive pay.

“We are prepared to act expeditiously on a plan with our colleagues that will allow us to send a very strong message to the markets,” said Sen. Christopher Dodd, D-Conn.

Sen. Bob Bennett, R-Utah, said lawmakers had a deal “that will pass the House, pass the Senate, be signed by the president and bring a sense of certainty to the markets.”

House and Senate Republicans were present when the deal was struck and supported it afterward. But the lead House Republican in that conference, Rep. Spencer Bachus of Alabama, later said he had not been granted the power to make a deal.

Michael Steel, a spokesman for Boehner, said House Republicans wanted to consider alternatives to the Paulson proposal. He didn’t say why Bachus was sent to a meeting between parties if he did not have power to make a deal. “We don’t believe there’s been a bipartisan negotiation,” he said.
                            Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., one of the lead negotiators for the proposal, said McCain declined to take a side during the meeting with Bush.

“What is the problem here?” Frank told reporters tonight. “Obama and I both asked Mr. McCain what his position was, and he declined to say.”

On Wednesday, Obama said he supported the broad outline of the plan.

Under the Paulson proposal, the treasury would buy $700 billion in bad mortgage debt from Wall Street banks at above-market prices, jump-starting the stalled market for loans among financial institutions. The treasury then would resell the debt when the housing market recovers. Paulson said Wednesday those sales could eventually recoup all of the taxpayers’ money.

The House Republican alternative described today would sell insurance on mortgage debt, as the government does on some loans for low-income buyers, rather than buy it back. It also would lift some taxes and regulations so that “private capital can be drawn into the market,” the alternative states.

That way, “Wall Street can bail itself out,” said Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis.
                            Lawmakers of both parties have said constituents have strongly opposed the Paulson plan as first proposed. But all sides have agreed that without action, the United States could face a severe credit crisis that eventually could freeze lending for cars, homes and students.

There’s evidence some spillover from the crisis is beginning to hit consumers. Auto analyst firm CNW Marketing Research said today that its data found tougher credit terms across the industry, and that even car buyers with top credit scores were having a harder time finding loans for new vehicles.

General Motors Corp. Chairman Rick Wagoner said the credit crunch had slowed sales. “From our perspective, anything we can do to help loosen up that logjam in the automotive credit is going to help from the standpoint of production, employment and demand for vehicles,” Wagoner said.

Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said both chambers were ready to act quickly once a final bill was crafted.

Pelosi also said the House would vote on a second economic stimulus plan, which would include an extension of unemployment benefits. Democrats had been pitching a $50-billion proposal before the financial crisis; Pelosi said she hoped to get support from Bush for the plan.

Reid said McCain had remained unclear about his stance, and that time was running short for him to back a proposal.

“If John McCain is opposed to this, that’s too bad,” Reid said. “I think he’s standing in the way of completing this legislation.”

Free Press business writer Katie Merx contributed to this report.

...but this report is not addressing the first occasion McCain opposed the plan. When the plan was initially announced McCain stated he was "against Wall Street a blank check"! A line Obama has stolen and made his own!

Comment

with surrogates like you who needs Tucker Bounds?

what's the point of the post? that after Mccain and Obtain put out a joint statement( that was recommended by Oklohoma RED Sen. Cobourn) agreeing to the principles Mccain then rejected it, and then outlined his prin ciples that were the same as the one that was in the joint statement?

it just makes the man look confused and indecisive as your reckless post.

yo remind me of Lynn Rothchild? the only thing u haven't occused Barack of is putting the first alligator in NYC sewers.

Comment

Working...
                              X