McCain won this debate. How the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain won this debate. How the

hell yuh agree wid the man on almost everything? Him not even question McCain's position on the GI Bill.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I would give McCain a slight edge, but not a game changer. This was the foreign policy debate which is McCains area of strength so I think Obama did well enough to not damage his chances.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

you got that wrong, Jim Lehrer won hands down. McCain came second.

Boring debate. Obama need fi relax a little more. Smile now and then. He did OK however, enough to hold on to most of his voters. Mi nearly drap a sleep. Bwoy how I miss Bill Clinton.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

didn't see it all but obama wasn't impressive and this was mccain's to lose...obama didn't really harm himself....so we are no further along.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you didn't miss much in my opinion, there was no victory to talk about. Mi wife wanted to see it more than I did. Soon she start asking how long is it? She then drap asleep beore the first quarter.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Gamma, no diss to mi bredgin ssassin and Lazie, but we all no Lazie is an alarmist and ssasin did claim se Obama ago raise everybody tax without even investigating...

Mccain made mistatements that will come back to haunt him as the media vet the devate (like mispronouncing the Pakistani and Iranian presidents name and also claiming Pakistan was unstable when Musharaf tek over. him also se him wouldan continue to give Pakistan a blank check).. but watching the pulse lines, the base and indepenents were more incline my Obama, and every time Mccain attacked the pulse went down for him. Obama to me won the debate regarding the middle East, the Ukranaian part helped Mccain a little with Russia.
            40% of uncommitted voters who watched the debate tonight thought Barack Obama was the winner. 22% thought John McCain won. 38% saw it as a draw.
            68% of these voters think Obama would make the right decision
            about the economy. 41% think McCain would.
            49% of these voters think Obama would make the right decisions about Iraq. 55% think McCain would.
            Two focus groups, one by GOP pollster Frank Luntz and another by Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg, both declare Obama the winner. Independents in the MediaCurves focus group "gave the debate to Obama 61-39. They also think he won every individual segment. Republicans gave the debate to McCain 90-10, Democrats to Obama 93-7."
            And even Time's Mark Halperin weighs in with his grades: Obama A-, McCain B
            Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
            Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

When did I say this Yuttie "Obama ago raise everybody tax without even investigating..."
              Fact check please.

Everybody going to have their own opinion and the stations are no different but the fact is this is the worst debate I have seen in a long time. Both men failed to answer question especially about the economy and Obama did is share of spinning as well but that is common by politicians in debate. There was no defining moment in this debate and at times Obama was also looking down, feeling for words and saying too mnay time "you are right".

McCain on the other hand was uncomfortable talking about the economy and answering some questions but none of them was convincing in mybook from a debate point of view.

Comment

so how did you come to the conclusion that McCain did better? wasn't it Jim Lahrer who asked Obama if he agreed. Obama only needed to maintain momentum which he did. watch this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i23rD...885/138/612106

during the primaries when you and mi best friend for life Islandman were giving analysis on the Obama positions, you stated that atleast McCain going to cut taxes while Obama was going to raise them.
                Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

" McCain going to cut taxes while Obama was going to raise them"

I said no such thing. I said I find it hard for either one of them to cut taxes as they are saying now, if they do it will plunge us only into more deficits. If you see George Bush tax cut didn't work and I said it wouldn't. The fact is sometime we don't like reality.

He said "John is right several times" without been asked and he didn't have to use those term either.

Comment

ssasin, don't mek mi dig up the archives.

everytime he said you're right, it was when McCain was attacking his own Republican party.

Comment

Di up your archieves. feel free.

Now you change your tune. The fact is Obama said it throught the debate. You can spin it however you want but he said it TOO MANY TIMES.

Comment

lol.

Comment

ok to agree, bad idea to say he is right

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          hell yuh agree wid the man on almost everything? Him not even question McCain's position on the GI Bill.
                          Obama should have said that John and I agree on the issue...never ever say that John is right!!!!!!!!
                          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Yuttie, stop being so exuberant for a change nuh? Most of us support Obama, but take a step back and be objective. Throughout McCain was "dismissive" of Obama saying "he just doesn't get it!" Obama needed to be more aggressive.

He should have pushed McCain on the GI Bill when he said the Vets know he would take care of them. Obama should have pointed out he was erratic by mentioning how he said he would fire the head of the SEC. When McCain said he would consider a spending freeze with the exception of defense ... Obama should of jumped on him about education, healthcare etc.

Yes, McCain lied alot during the debate, how many voters are waiting to find out the truth?
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

unlike Mccain day to day strategy, Obama use a periodic strategy. lets see what the polls say.

McCain campaigne is imploding after his performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X