• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the repug base starts to jump ship things are not good

Palin should step down, conservative commentator says

Posted: 03:27 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Palin was in New York City Thursday.
    (CNN) – Prominent conservative columnist Kathleen Parker, an early supporter of Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin, said Friday recent interviews have shown the Alaska governor is "out of her league" and should leave the GOP presidential ticket for the good of the party.

The criticism in Parker's Friday column is the latest in a recent string of negative assessments toward the McCain-Palin candidacy from prominent conservatives.

It was fun while it lasted," Parker writes. "Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who is clearly out of her league."

Palin's interview with Couric drew criticism when the Alaska governor was unable to provide an example of when John McCain had pushed for more regulation of Wall Street during his Senate career. Palin also took heat for defending her foreign policy credentials by suggesting Russian leaders enter Alaska airspace when they come to America. Palin was also criticized last week for appearing not to know what the Bush Doctrine is during an interview with Charlie Gibson.

“If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself," Parker also writes. "If Palin were a man, we’d all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she’s a woman — and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket — we are reluctant to say what is painfully true."

Parker, who praised McCain's "keen judgment" for picking Palin earlier this month and wrote the Alaska governor is a "perfect storm of God, Mom and apple pie," now says Palin should step down from the ticket.

“Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves," Parker writes. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first. Do it for your country."

Parker's comments follow those by prominent conservatives David Brooks, George Will, and David Frum who have all publicly questioned Palin's readiness to be vice president.

"Sarah Palin has many virtues," Brooks wrote in a recent column. "If you wanted someone to destroy a corrupt establishment, she'd be your woman. But the constructive act of governance is another matter. She has not been engaged in national issues, does not have a repertoire of historic patterns and, like President Bush, she seems to compensate for her lack of experience with brashness and excessive decisiveness."
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

I wish all the fools that thought her selection was genius could be outed right about now. I remember watching the Sunday morning shows after the Republican convention where so many "experts" thought McCain could not have picked a better running mate. Her hockey mom, tuff gal delivery had left them all giddy. Seems to me, they are all just as claffy as she is to be so duped.

As for those on this forum who were getting jumpy by it all. Please! Lipstick on a damn pig!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Her views are extreme but that alone would not make her any worse a choice in terms of winning the election than Cheney was, so she made me very nervous.

I really didn't think she was going to be such an intellectual lightweight that even her conservative base is starting to question if she is capable. That is a VERY VERY low standard to be failing at!

I guess they will try to hide her for the next 5 weeks and hope the voters will be too busy checking if thier bank accounts are still available. Who knows it might even work.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

And let's not forget - she has the right colour.

I see the colour thing playing a bigger role as the election draws near. Just not convinced that America is ready.

And if Obama does win, that's when the fights will truly start. Hate to sound like Willi here, but look for some race skirmishes to break out in several cities, especially if President Obama visits.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

he will win but by a narrower margin than he should ...... given the competition

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

. ..Mosiah, just logged on.

Can't help noticin' how you thoroughly enjoy US politics. You even have suggestions to blurrr neeeet...

Notice wid all the hoooplah-- lots of civility is maintained. And most of all no shat nah fiah...an nobaddy ded?
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Cheney Was Seen As A Moderate At The Time... This Woman Is To The Right Of Cheney....
              Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
              Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

i told not be surprised by a landslide...as i expected earlier a 305 + electoral vote... but then again, what do i know.
                Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

It may also be a setting the table at low expectations as she is going to meet the all the talking heads and the Obama group is touting..heavyweight Joe Biden?

Let's see what happens here! ...or should I have said, there - i.e. in the next few weeks!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well if setting the table low was the objective they have succeeded beyond thier wildest expectations!

Comment

yawh!!!?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes, instead you get scripted, robotic candidates. They make Al Gore look human.

US elections is Hollywood bredren. No substance whatsoever. But entertaining nuh ra$%!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                        X