RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..collective security fr surety.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile, back at the ranch..collective security fr surety.

Two alleged bus robbers shot dead in Kingston
    COREY ROBINSON, Observer staff reporter robinsonc@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, September 25, 2008

TWO of approximately six armed men who held up a passenger bus were shot dead yesterday morning by a licensed firearm holder in Kingston, Jamaica's capital city.
    Frightened passengers on the bus, operated by the National Transport Co-operative Society (NTCS), were forced to duck for cover as gunshots rang out during the botched robbery along Slipe Road, an area of the city where buses are frequently held up.
    The dead men were identified as 22-year-old Kashka Clarke of Franklyn Town in Kingston and Damion Williams, alias 'Omar', of Slipe Road.
    Police said the men, shortly after boarding the bus at Torrington Bridge about 9:00, brandished guns and knives and proceeded to rob the passengers and conductor.
    The robbers were, however, surprised by the licensed firearm holder who opened fire, hitting Clarke and Richard, according to the Constabulary Communication Network, the police's information arm. The bloody Clarke, the police said, attempted to escape but collapsed and died on Slipe Road, while Williams succumbed to his injuries inside the public passenger vehicle. The other hold-up men escaped on foot in the area.
    The passengers escaped unhurt, but eyewitnesses said some of them jumped through the windows of the Toyota Coaster bus during the ordeal.
    Yesterday, as Scene of Crime detectives examined the death scene, Elaine Scott, Clarke's mother, wept uncontrollably as she viewed his lifeless body sprawled on the hot asphalt.
    According to the grieving woman, her son had left home for work and "was in the wrong place at the wrong time".
    "I don't know what else to say; Kashka leave out to go to work this morning. Is janitor work him do at a guest house near King's House. I don't know how he managed to end up here this morning," said Scott, as a teary-eyed male relative consoled her.
    "If him guilty God will deal with it and if it is innocent blood that was shed, God will deal with it, I just have to leave it up to God," cried the woman, before her shaky voice broke into a solemn gospel hymn.
    But while Scott and a handful of Clarke's relatives wept, dozens of onlookers who gathered at a nearby gas station, gloated over the men's demise.
    "Is regular them come rob the bus them on the road, I don't sorry for none of them. Is poor people travel on bus and is the same poor people them robbing, I wouldn't mind if everyday two of them dead just like these two," said a male onlooker.

Hmmm,

Justification for arming the population!

Comment

Another one for the JNRA. Here's sm of there rhetoric:

Armed Citizens Stop Terrorist Attack

9/23/2008

Barack Obama says he doesn't believe in Right-to-Carry. In fact, he says he thinks it can make this world a more dangerous place.

Barack Obama needs to read the papers. He might learn a thing or two, like the fact that armed citizens recently stopped a terrorist attack in Jerusalem. According to Israel Radio, a man in a car plowed into a crowd, injuring more than a dozen before he was shot and killed by armed citizens.

Imagine a world where all of us are reduced to prey for predatory criminals and lethal terrorists. It's a vision Barack Obama endorses, and that would make us all less safe.

Comment

karl....bud shoot 2 more buds and saved the day?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That is th eonly position I do not agree with barak on. Criminals cannot be armed and upright citizens are unarmed and at their mercy.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Actually,

I heard Obama say that even in general disagreement, all sides can agree that rights to bear arms need not go as far as allowing the free and easy ownership of AK-47s in dense population areas.

I can buy that. I am not even crazy about broad based gun ownership, though I am not opposed either.

However, when a society can guarantee even minimal protection against predatots, lik in the case of Jamaica, I say...ARM THE POPULATION, until such time.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              Hmmm,

Justification for arming the population!

Are you crazy?
              It is a miracle that innocent persons were not massacred. Imagine a shoot out in the closed quarters of the bus!?
              Those uses of the bus must say a million "Hail Mary's..."...but for the Grace of God for them there would be no tomorrow.

Cho Willi man suggesting the Wild West for Jamaica is not the way to go!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                karl....bud shoot 2 more buds and saved the day?
                Did you hear of any of the robbers firing back and or throwing or otherwise trying to use their knives?

If they did not...it would appear that the guns and knives were merely to intimidate and or were not to be used to harm? It just maybe there was no intention to commit bodily harm...just to relieve the passangers of their valuables?

I have no problem with the "gun totters" "going down" (once they declared themselves 'bud' by all means satisfy their wish!)...but I am upset that there was the shotout in the bus. The other passengers and the workers and operators of the bus should not have had to go through that experience.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It appears an innocent person may have been killed!

I am all for a gun-free society, but we are not anywhere near that. The way things are now, I would be for the arming of the society first, then taking the guns off the streets.

Yeah, imagine arming all then disarming all!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Are you serious, Karl? Thieves must realise that people will not sit around, waiting to see if they will be murdered as well. If they had found the gun on that firearm holder, it's a good chance they would killed him with his very own gun. He did the right thing!!!

"Passengers, workers and operators of the bus should not have had to go thru that experience." - Damn right! I bet the next would-be robber thinks twice before trying that crap!

Karl yuh lick yuh 'ead!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If yuh walk round with a gun fi kill people, then yuh deserve fi lose your life. Time we stop p.u.s.s.y footing around this clearcut issue.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

WTF.....i would ask if you have taken leave of your senses...what is the appropriate question if one has ALREADY taken leave of thier senses but continues to astound?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

And even if you don't visibly have a gun, if you commit certain acts, don't come bawling if you are shot dead!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jamaica IS the Wild West...where have you been?

Comment

Go drink your coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X