Baggy pants ban "unconstitutional," rules US judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with you Lazie!

Employers are always looking for the best possible candidate to work for them. The employer FIRST look for a reason not to hire a candidate.

First impression is critical!!!

I too have a problem in hiring anyone not properly dressed.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Not getting a job because of your attire has nothing to do with baggy pants becoming illegal. Whether we like it or not it's an issue of freedom to wear whatever a person wants.

Let me ask a question. Should it be illegal when the ladies wear those low-rider tight jeans with their thongs being exposed at the back?
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I think there are two distinct topics that are treated as one:

I agree. A person should be free to wear what he/she wants.

I'll read the opening thread again.

But dress code is important for the success and professionalism of certain 'systems'. Leglislating a "saggy-pants law" -- is one way of maintaining set standards.

We don't have to (all) agree with it...

The second debate is whether baggy pants as a fashion--is conducive to adding positive character to the wearer. And how that relates to getting a job.

HL

Comment

Nonsense. Leglislating dress code for casual wear??? Give me a break. Let's not mix up the issues here either. Work attire - when there is a dress code that's enforced is a TOTALLY different matter.
          These people are being picked up off the streets of AMERICA for wearing what the want - by POLICE and it breaks no other existing law.
          It's ok to have your biases and you hang-ups but just try hard to be objective on this one.

Comment

Jangle..how some of us memory short. I used to wear an afro in the earlies and at SCHOOL the rules were to cut your hair short...it was our rebellion..one of the reason I left the cadets...why should someone tell me how to wear my hair....thing is my son has done the same thing....and every Summer he grows his hair in a mess then cuts it in time for September school...now he's in college, I guess he's past that rebellion stage. But that is not the issue - we are talking about a FUNDAMENTAL right...if you have a RIGHT to carry a human-killing machine, your pants cant drop below the waist?

Comment

Exile, recall, there are 2 issues. Let's not mix them up.

I think the article mentioned a specific place where that mode of dress is not acceptable.

I think some restaurants and night club have similar dress code enforcement rules.

HL

Comment

Working...
              X