RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trojan revisits Holt's 'Volts' (can't wait for this)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan revisits Holt's 'Volts' (can't wait for this)

Trojan revisits Holt's 'Volts'
    published: Tuesday | September 9, 2008

SINGER John Holt's groundbreaking 1974 [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]album[/COLOR][/COLOR], 1,000 Volts of Holt, will be reissued before year end by Trojan Records. The company made the announcement in a statement on its website.

According to the statement, the new-look set will feature eight Jamaican mixes of the 18 original tracks which were produced by Tony Ashfield.
    Released by Trojan in late 1974, 1,000 Volts of Holt hears the former lead singer of The Paragons covering 18 pop standards including Sammy Davis Jr's Mr Bojangles, The Chi Lites' Stoned Out of My Mind, The Isley Brothers' For The Love of You and Baby I'm A Want You which was originally done by American blue-eyed soul group Bread.

Strong seller Ashfield's lush string arrangements complemented Holt's laid-back vocals and helped make 1,000 Volts of Holt a strong seller in Britain. It continues to do well there sales wise; in 2000 and 2002, Holt performed tracks from the album alongside the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, in London.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

My singer dis from me a youth, I dont know why but when this guy sings its like a lullabye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJWSE...3878012/youtub
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

If you don't already have, you should get a copy of the DVD with him and the London Philharmonic Orchestra in London, wid Lloyd Parkes band & mi fren Willi Brackenridge on trumpet. Freddy McGregor was also part of the line up. Beautiful!
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

where did you get it ?
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
          where did you get it ?

I bought my copy on line from overstock.com. You could try www.jr.com
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

I have the ORIGINAL LP...in my basement...better go pull it out.

Comment

yuh have anything fi play it pon?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gave away my direct drive t/table year ago BUT I am going to buy a new T/T. Went to b/day party recently and the DJ had a t/table the music was soo goood...even with scratches..

Comment

Working...
                X