Breaking News!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News!!

Mdmex is back in the virtual building! Whats up sistren? How was China?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

China was an experience in itself. Of course, the Olympics was a Jamaican blowout bangarang But as for Beijing, I was happy to see the last of that city!

From my experience, 99.5% of the volunteers were Chinese: & 99% of them spoke only Mandarin, and could not comprehend or understand English. Ask 6 of them to point you to the subway and they would send you in 6 different directions. They put on a good show, Opening and Closing ceremonies; but in terms of everything else, they were disorganized (IMO). & yes, the Bird Nest is really NICE!

That in itself was a problem for many, especially since the official language of the '08 Olympics were English, French and Mandarin. 4 days before the conclusion of the OLY, I saw directional signs in English.

This was my 3rd OLY, and it was the first one, that there was no daily OLY program to show what events would take place, or the highlights of the day before. In Atlanta, I got those FREE (& still have them). In Athens, I bought, but Beijing - None!
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Well you better start learning English Mate . From Cockney to Birmingham accent, to Scottish, Welch and Irish.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Oh, I'll be well equipped for 2012

How the family in St. Mary?
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Everybody pon the St.Mary/Portland border fine. Most a the damage is out East. You get any news from out East Portland? They got hit hard.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sounds like the chinese were into the PRODUCTION for a viewing audience via TV

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Everybody pon the St.Mary/Portland border fine. Most a the damage is out East. You get any news from out East Portland? They got hit hard.
              Spoke to couple people in East Portland, some have suffered some damage - my grandfather's home among the lot. Folks in Fairy Hill now have electricity (since yesterday); haven't been able to reach some folks, but a kid, who I mentor, & who lives in St. Thomas (Amity Hall), lost her home.
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Sorry to hear Sis. It ruff bad up in East Portland and up way up inna the Buff Bay valley.

I hope them get some help cause you know we never get none unless you a politician.

Comment

Working...
                X